Set of the Fortnight #40 - Neo Destiny

Ahh yes. This set has so many beautiful cards and it’s crazy I still haven’t picked up any of them…

For cards that I don’t like, well, I don’t really like the Dark Gengar card.

Anyways, most of my favorites have been posted already, but I’ll post them again because I can :grin: I do prefer Light Pokemon over the Dark Pokemon overall.

3 Likes

Nishida does some excellent work in this set. Light Dragonite, Light Arcanine, Light Dragonair, Light Flareon, and Dark Espeon, just to name a few, are simply beautiful cards. Even the contrast of the dark purple and light yellow on the boosters are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. (I like to think that EX Ruby and Sapphire draws inspiration from this booster pack art with the way the red and blue collide on a Sugimori-illustrated Pokémon.)

I don’t have as much nostalgia for this set as I did others, but I can see how those a couple years older than me that could digest the sheer majesty of Neo Destiny to go absolutely crazy over it. I’m having fun collecting the Shinings today, so I’m feeling the ripple effect of how legit the set is.

2 Likes

@quuador you’re right, Dark Porygon 2 is such a nice holo in hand. The colours are so vibrant.

2 Likes

One of my favorite cards from this set is the PPT. I love how they made Rhydon look so absolutely disappointed with himself. Does that make me a bad person? Eh maybe

5 Likes