Set of the Fortnight #19 - Nintendo Black Star Promos

A few weeks/months ago we had the WotC Black Star Promos, so now the Nintendo Promos:

Nintendo Black Star Promos
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_Black_Star_Promos_(TCG)
Discuss:
Favorite cards in the setWorst cards in the setHow you feel about this set in general
After Wizards of the Coast were taken over by Nintendo, they started distributing these promos. They range from the end of 2003 to mid 2006, and the US part of the Pokémon TCG was mainly in control of the distribution and marketing of these cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Since these two cards were already among my favorite in their non-Holo Wizards Promo variant, I of course also like them in their holo Nintendo Promo variant (although I like the non-holos more for these two cards):

These three cards I also really like, mainly due to their poses in the artwork:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

My favourite card from the promos, this tied with the EX Unseen Forces Typhlosion holo with both looking like they were taken straight out of the anime mid poke battle. This was also the first promo I ever obtained from this set of promos.

Also love this championship arena card, the Mew vs Celebi:

4 Likes

Best card

(the holo version of it of course)

Worst card

Nice artwork but stupid rare and expensive just for a stamp. Cards like that shouldn’t be in numbered promo sets, like the deoxys stadium challenge. At least the arena championship offer an unique trophy-like artwork, this could be very well an uncommon card from an ex set (probably it is, i’m not really into sets).

Overall feelingThe swansong of english promo. After that there are basically only blister exclusive and other boring stuff with zero appeal (at least for me).

1 Like

Aah I love these Promos so much, they are definitely my favorite Promo set! All of them have pretty artworks. Suicune, Celebi and Typhlosion that have been posted above are all my favorites, and I love the Mew as well:

And the Flygon! Too bad it was never released as a holo in English, the Japanese holo version looks really good.

I remember opening the tin this Articuno came from so I feel nostalgia for it. The tin had PokePark Blue art all over it and it’s still my favorite Pokemon tin, so cool.

I want to get these favorites graded as I like these cards so much but I only have a PSA 9 Typhlosion so far.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you, Typhlosion is so great in that artwork :open_mouth:

This is a set I am complete unfamiliar with. Looking forward to seeing more goodies posted. Just bought a copy of that Celebi on eBay!

@djgigabyte No it was released in Japanese:

1 Like