Set of the Fortnight #44 - SM-P Promos

The random picker has decided to pick the SM-P Promos this time:

SM-P Promos
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SM-P_Promotional_cards_(TCG)
Discuss:
Favorite cards in the 'set’Worst cards in the 'set’How you feel about this ‘set’ in general
The SM-P Promos are all the Japanese promotional released cards for the Sun & Moon era, between November 2016 and October 2019. There have been a total of 408 numbered and 27 unnumbered SM-P Promo releases in Japanese, which is the most amount of Japanese promos for a single era thus far.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

I might be biased as a Pikachu collector, but there were some great and original promos among them during the SM era.
Cards like the Ash’s Pikachu, with a different cap of each region in the anime:

The three League promos:

Red’s Pikachu:

Sapporo’s Pikachu:

Easter’s Pikachu:

And I can definitely name a few more.

Then there were the Scream set of five (including a Pikachu, although I like the Psyduck the most), which are also amazing! :grin:

Some nice trio promos that are linked or tell a story:

And some amazing supporter artworks:

And finally some random promos I also like:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

4 Likes

That one as well indeed. Such a lovely and cute artwork. :slight_smile: I could almost just add all Pikachu SM-P promos to my post, since they’re all amazing. Some other noteworthy ones include the Boss’ Pikachus; the Cherry Afro Pikachu; the Gentleman Pikachu; etc.

There may have been more Pikachu released cards than ever in 2019, which was a bit of a bummer for me personally. But it certainly wasn’t lacking in artwork quality, that’s for sure. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

YEAH I’m super down for these. For sure some of the best cards out there. Here’s some of my favorites

2 Likes

There have been many great promo releases, but if you want THE single best release, the Scream promos are the only correct answer.

1 Like

Maybe not the best, but probably the funniest one!

4 Likes

&scream promos

2 Likes

That’s not SM-P

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
please go here www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-english-market-thread/27424/1

3 Likes

Here’s some of my favourites that haven’t been mentioned yet. The Pika from the Mimikyu box, the extra battle day full arts and the champion festival cards, especially love the gallery/museum one. Love the munch promos and a lot of the Pika promos as well and the eevee poncho set with all the different eeveelutions.

In general I feel like the SM-P cards have been great and really accelerated the interest in Japanese
promos.

2 Likes

@trulse Aren’t the Champions Festival cards SM exclusive promos, though. Instead of SM-P? :blush:
But they sure are great artworks, and the Extra Battle Day promos as well (although I like all FA Supporter cards tbh, which is also why I collect them).

EDIT: Ignore this comment, I’m just blind… :sweat:

Greetz,
Quuador

SM-P240 :grin: A thread about sm promos can not live without this card, the pokemon company was even gracious enough to make it a set card in japan.

1 Like

The Japanese versions have unnumbered SM-P designations so I’ll allow it

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE THO. IT’S SM240 NOT 240/SM-P. I will not stand for this injustice. Maybe @quuador can do Tag All Stars next Fortnight

4 Likes

Yeah, true they aren’t part of the “SM-P”. I just quickly went through the Bulbapedia page and saw they were in the list so ended up adding them. Sorry if they were a bit out of the sets scope :wink:

1 Like

Sure. These days I usually let the random picker decide, but in the past people would suggest sets to do, so the next one will be Tag All Stars. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

Woops, ignore what I said, they are indeed SM-P promos. Not sure how I looked past that… :sweat: Unnumbered SM-P Promos are still SM-P promos, so you’re all good. My bad.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The SM promos put most of the SM set cards to shame. So many amazing cards and a great time to be a pikachu collector. Pretty much all of my favorite promos were posted already but honestly reds pikachu is the peak of pokemon cards, it doesnt get better than that.

Also Id like to add this card was the first card I bought off of ebay when I first started collecting again in 2018. I saw it on reddit and knew I had to get it, enough to start my own ebay account, and my wallet has never recovered since :grin:

2 Likes

The Scream promos and Extra Battle Day promos are some of my favorite cards ever produced by Pokémon. One set for being a great collaboration with something so known by the public, and the other for being amazing artwork of three leading characters. The background of the Acerola gets me every time I look at it!

3 Likes

This is a great set. The Scream promos and Master Battle Collection promos are some of my all time favorites. The SM-P and S-P Japanese promo sets are exactly what I want as a collector.

3 Likes

I only got into collecting in October and even since then the Scream promos have skyrocketed! I so wish I had gotten the Scream Pikachu and now I’m worried I never will.