Selling a PSA 10 with possible flaws

Seen a few posts around this subject lately. I have a PSA card 1.8-2.5k range from recent sales, It is a PSA 10 but has some whitening on a section on the top edge, not a corner. The rest of the card is Gem, I graded it myself a year or 2 ago.

I have an Ebay business not relating to pokemon, I’m well seasoned to listing accurately and honestly but wanted to know the go to expectation when cards are like this.

With the recent growth in the prices, and possible less experienced buyers I just want to avoid any back lash. If I Listed it Pictures would be clear and you will be able to see it. Would you zoom in on the area, or mention it in the description?

I have seen this in many cards past and present, Ive heard the ‘Graders are human and make mistakes’ discussion, or maybe their grading parameters have tightened. I’ve seen many users here in high price auctions say ‘yer but that white corner’ so I know the majority look and would be aware. Has anyone here experienced returns because a PSA 10 is not up to their buyers expectation? I can take the card back and i’m fine with handling all the ebay and paypal returns systems and or abusive buyers of these processes. Id just rather not have to pay out paypal fees on this value and not have them refunded etc with the recent changes.

I also hear fairly well known people in the community just say its graded 10, buy the grade. The fact its graded a 10 is out of my hands, I do enjoy the card but my concerns on this situation is going to escalate if the price keeps going up.

take good scans and be honest in the description, there’s not much more that you can do. there will always be bad buyers out there who will make up any excuse to force a return.

2 Likes

Take clear front and back pictures that highlight the flaws and mention it in the description and you’re golden.

2 Likes

TCA’s Gengar is good example:

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-GEM-MINT-Gengar-H9-H32-Skyridge-Set-HOLO-RARE-Ding-Pokemon-Card/274325965538?hash=item3fdf1a0ae2:g:cccAAOSwHNhehkOy

@pokehut1, Yes that is very good example. With an Auction people can bid what they think its worth, but it is difficult to value it as a buy it now. Does one price it as a 10? I guess its still the same if the buyer decides to click the buy button and its clearly described.

I also have a Blaines Charizard 1st, absolutely mint apart from a small ‘turn up’ on the corner, very similar to TCA’s Gengar and can only be seen from some angles with the right light. If that gets a 10 it will also have to be noted

@justmatt don’t try to value it, let the market do this by setting a reasonable BIN for a PSA 10 and accept offers on it like TCA did. Some, people only care it says PSA 10, so you don’t want to sell yourself short.

1 Like

Do what everyone else does, say “I am not a PSA grader” “card as seen in photos” “feel free to ask for more photos”

In the title, list it as PSA 10 but in the listing mark as used rather than brand new. That covers all those Ebay claim bases

1 Like