PSA 10 with a crease/indent

Recently made a post about owning a PSA 10 with whitening that I would need to clearly note otherwise I would feel wrong in selling it, now on the flip ive bought a PSA10 with a crease, all be it not an expensive card but it wasnt noted and cannot be seen in the images given on the listing. Would you be annoyed to see a returns case opened for this?

If the seller didn´t show it, I´d return it. That´s not what I´m expecting when buying a 10 or even a 9.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s a huge crease. How has that managed to grade a 10!? Maybe it was damaged while incapsulating it and they’ve just sent it out? Not good.

4 Likes

You bought a PSA 10, you received a PSA 10. You could contact the seller and explain the situation, they may refund you as a courtesy, they may not. The appropriate response here is to go through PSA’s financial guarantee, however given the value of the card I’m not really sure that would be worth it.

9 Likes

I’d be annoyed. A PSA10 is a PSA10. PSA is who you take that up with if you aren’t satisfied, via their financial gaurantee. If they downgrade the card, they will pay you the difference. The whole reason people get their cards graded professionally is so that they don’t have to deal with people arguing over the grade and value of a card, especially when it’s selling time.

People can’t have it both ways. They want to bitch about PSA 9’s that should be PSA 10’s and PSA 10’s that should be downgraded to PSA 9’s. If you don’t want to acknowledge PSA’s grades as accurate, there is no reason to be buying their graded cards instead of just getting minty cards you’re happy with.

It is also the sellers responsibility to show clear and accurate pictures of what they are selling. As previously stated If this wasn’t shown in the pictures I’d return it.

10 Likes

This isn’t about having it both ways. There is a big difference between strong 9s that could potentially be 10s and vice versa, compared to cards with a crease that have blatantly been miss graded/ damaged by PSA

4 Likes

I understand the ‘you buy a Psa 10 and that’s what you got’. I cannot get my mind set on how I feel on the situation hence the looking for others opinions.

My main thought is seeing something so substantial, which in this case im happy to say it is, should probably be noted by the seller. There is also that they probably did know about it and chose not to say about it that bugs me.

1 Like

If I buy a PSA 10 Grade, I expect to get something that could be low 10 or even 9 worthy. Ive learnt to know that is possible, but I dont expect to get something that could be a 5, in that case I feel its the owner of the cards responsibility to sort that, or at the very least note it

1 Like

I would Open a return, if the crease was not in the description. LOL at people saying to use PSA’s financial guaranty, why should you be the one to go through that hassle, and not the seller?

2 Likes

The sellers images just to show i’m not hiding that fact I missed something, the description was the standard auto copy of the title

First of all, the PSA financial guarantee is only available to people who are not the original submitters of the card. So if the seller submitted the card to PSA, they cannot access the guarantee.

This is the entitlement of today’s eBay/online buyer. You buy a third-party opinion, knowing (or you should at least be aware) of issues with PSA. Then when you get the card in and there are problems, it’s on the seller somehow, forgetting that what you’re buying is the third party opinion. Where does this stop? What if there was whitening on the corners and you don’t think it meets the standards of a PSA 10? Is a return justified then?

The forum policy on this is clear: sellers should describe blatant issues with their graded cards, but PSA-graded cards represent the opinions of PSA. If you try to force a return because you disagree with the PSA-assigned grade, you can be reported and blacklisted for abusing eBay and PayPal policy.

8 Likes

Seller hiding damage gives you the right to return.

9 Likes

Obviously it wouldn’t be justified to force a return on bit of whitening you don’t agree with. With a bit of common sense applied this is completely different. A clear an obvious mis graded/ damaged card, where the seller hasn’t noted or described the blanant flaw = return. Thankfully no one has to be black listed here as by the looks of what the OP is saying the seller did not describe or photo the blatant flaw.

1 Like

“if the seller submitted the card to PSA, they cannot access the guarantee” That is the sellers problem, not the buyer. “sellers should describe blatant issues with their graded cards” Which in this case the seller didn’t disclose the damage. Its an open and shut case. If you think It’s entitlement to return a badly described card, it says more about you, then the buyer.
“If you try to force a return because you disagree with the PSA-assigned grade, you can be reported and blacklisted for abusing eBay and PayPal policy.” LOL Is this meant to sound threatening?

1 Like

Victim mentality. We know PSA f’ed up. We don’t know if the seller saw the damage and it is very likely IMO that if an industry leading expert can miss it, then an eBay seller can as well. What kind of a reasonable, rational seller would sell this on knowing the headache it would likely cause? Occam’s razor likely applies in that it was a seller oversight.

I would block anyone to return this item. I wouldn’t be surprised to have it returned, but I would still block. If I noticed it before listing, I would never list it and I would take it up with PSA myself. Sucks, but it is part of dealing with PSA.

@fourthstartcg, per the letter of their policy, the guarantee in fact does not apply to the original submitter, however I have been successfully paid out for cards that I submitted immediately after receiving the returns, and notifying them of damages. It’s been a long time since I’ve had an issue, but I would check with them on any over grades for the guarantee regardless of if I was the submitter.

7 Likes

I would welcome any seller comfortable selling this without accuate pictures or description to block me. IF the seller genuinely didn’t see the damage (which I would find hard to believe) then it’s a different story. If it was me selling and I hadn’t noticed the damage, and the buyer wasn’t happy, I would be more than happy to offer a return.

8 Likes

Whether the seller saw the damage or not, the damage was hidden from the buyer - purposely or accidentally. Buyer got an item that has flaws the pictures or description did not highlight, easy return.

Only scumbag sellers would have a problem getting a return for an item they sold that had damage they were unaware of.

7 Likes

People suggesting the seller is hiding damage is a massive assumption. I don’t know why people assume a negative without evidence. I personally don’t have the time to closely examine my graded inventory. Hell I don’t even have the time to process all of my inventory. This is the reality for most-all businesses.

This is entirely PSA’s fault. PWCC blocks buyers who returns for this exact reason.

It’s completely fair if a seller blocks a buyer in this scenario. Psa is at fault, not the seller, not the buyer. The seller didn’t grade the card. Ideally Psa should rectify the issue.

6 Likes