Sealed booster collection (99%?)

I recently (finally) finished my sealed booster collection.
Don’t really collect things other than booster packs, except for Houndooms (as it is my favourite pokémon)

So I now have all english artwork booster packs from Base set all the way to Unified minds. All sets in both 1st edition and unlimited version (also have Shadowless long crimp base set).

The only thing I’m “missing” is red logo jungle/fossil, black triangle base set and UK 4th print base set. But I’m not really sure if I’m going to be looking for those things…

Anyone here have some cool display ideas for this? I really want this to have it’s own display (and not put away in a box in the basement so to speak). Was thinking about making multiple frames with 3-4 sets each (16 artworks). And then have like 10+ frames on the wall :grin:

imgur.com/a/9zjtCuY
imgur.com/gallery/fXRrKrJ

Also have all the sealed Topps series booster packs except for one. I’m missing Chrome Series 2 and it is SO. DAMN. HARD. to find.
I’m actually talking with the only one that is on ebay right now, but it is so damn expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of my Houndooms: imgur.com/a/JoZa19T

1ed base

6 Likes

promotional packs next maybe?

Awesome accomplishment!

What packs are you referring to exactly? Like the random mcdonalds/detective/… packs?

Sampling packs too

LOVE your Collection!!!

I actually have something VERY SIMILAR! If you’re ever at-all interested in getting started with some on the “variants” that actually go along VERY WELL - not just the “random” Dollar Tree / Sample Packs (not to bash anyone who does collect those packs) - here is what I currently have (obviously, there are probably more than this)! LOL

1.) Short-Crimp Shadowless Base Set
2.) Light or Dark Unlimited Base Set (Depending upon which you already Have)
3.) U.K. Unlimited Base Set
4.) Black-Triangle Base Set
5.) Black-Triangle (Missing Black Triangle) Base Set
* Personally would not recommend even attempting these - but I figured I’d include them! LOL I’ve owned the Blastoise and Venusaur Art since 2016ish and have yet to track-down the Charizard Art - drives me NUTS! Haha

6.) Red-Logo Jungle Set
7.) 1999-2000 Copyright Jungle Set

8.) Red-Logo Fossil Set

I’m not selling any of these; but just wanted to give you some more packs to go after if you’re interested! And, if you know of anymore “variants” that I don’t have listed, PLEASE let me know! I know there’s probably more than what’s listed here - just haven’t ever heard about them! Haha

And, I know that you mentioned you wanted to display these packs - which would look SWEET!

However, if you’re ever looking to place in-storage, I have literally found the PERFECT SOLUTION!!! Packs within Ultra-Pro Graded Card Submission Holders with Ultra-Pro Team Bag “Sealing” Pack. Then, Container Store actually sells these Plastic Display Cases for those 1:24 Die-Cast NASCAR Cars:

www.containerstore.com/s/craft-and-hobby/Display-Cases/race-car-display-cube/1qd?productId=10001594

Packs with Holders fit PERFECTLY!!! The only down-side I’ve found is that you really have to be careful when moving storage boxes as they tend to open fairly easily. Plus, you really have to have the perfect number of packs for them to fit nicely inside. But, if you would like to store on shelf or in a safe, this was by-far the best solution I’ve come up with!

@oldskoolpokemon,

thanks! For whatever reason I’m not really interested in all those variants that are still out there. Only red logo jungle/fossil would be cool to have I guess. The short crimp shadowless is not worth it at all (since there is a high chance it’s actually just unlimited shadowed cards inside). That’s why I’m also not that interested in black triangle :stuck_out_tongue:

And the reason for that display is because I want to look at every booster pack as much as possible haha (so storage boxes is a no go for me). Framing everything would be almost impossible, too expensive and probably not enough wall space either :stuck_out_tongue:

Plans for now are framing Base-EX (only the 1st edition packs of WOTC). And for the 1st edition base set I would like something special, framed seperately… like this:

imgur.com/a/InaGo7z

If you ever want to expand your pack collection, I think the japanese booster packs from E and ex series has some of the best artworks out there:

8 Likes

@emba,

Just like jewelking, I’m also only interested in English booster packs (although these japanese artworks do look very nice).

The only exception is some of my houndooms that are Japanese :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice collection mate well done :blush:

Somewhere there is photos of superbly framed packs(I don’t remember where). If you frame, get archival glass. tru-vue.com/solution/museum-glass/

Welcome to the forum! Very nice collection. I like the way you displayed them in both imgur albums. :blush:

I don’t collect packs myself, so can’t really give you any advice on storage or displays for them. I only have one sealed pack, which is my favorite of all English sealed packs probably (one of the few you don’t have :wink: ), which is the Red Logo Australian Fossil pack with Aerodactyl as artwork.

PS: Your Base Set booster picture at the bottom isn’t showing, because you’ve used the wrong imgur link. If you use the link ending with .jpg you can post your imgur pictures. Here the correct link for your picture: i.imgur.com/snNNpXA.jpg.

Greetz,
Quuador