scratchdesk's Collection - Art Academy, Sample, Miscut & Fun

Found these old tins. Not sure what they are worth but seem to be pretty rare to find sealed. Even came with the store display which is pretty sweet!

Sadly the Rayquaza wasn’t mint… or even close to it, but it still looks pretty nice:

9 Likes

Wow, in last few years I haven’t seen this many old ex series weather trio tins in one place. Good catch!

1 Like

Love the feeling when you buy an auction that doesn’t have great photos or description and the cards turn out to be NM+

All the WotC cards in this lot look like they were bindered and forgotten about for years. The holos look fantastic and nearly all the non-holos look pack fresh.

The gold stars were a separate purchase. They are also NM+ and were listed as EXs instead of gold stars so… >.>

8 Likes

Lucky catch on those gold stars mate! That national Charizard and those tins look so cool as well, think you’ll open one?

Thanks! Probably won’t open the tins, just not worth it in my opinion. Better to sell them off to collectors of that sort of thing and buy whatever cards I want. Though it is tempting!

Got a bunch of new old stuff in. Next Destiny Blisters coming out my you know what:

Then I got some Legendary Collection Boosters in:

One of them was pretty tattered so I decided to open it. Would have been a great pack other than the fact the cards were damaged in the packaging… so sad :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

Wow, those tins though! That’s an unreal amount of history you purchased in a couple short photos haha.

1 Like

Got a super exciting update today! Took a bit to get them squared away but I was able to obtain a complete (opened) booster box of 3rd print Fossil cards with the 1999-2000 date stamp! Every card from the box is accounted for. I wasn’t sure when I purchased it if they would all be there or if there would be a mix of other Fossils mixed in. Turned out that aside from a couple random 1st editions they are all here and accounted for (and now I have a full set of the 1999-2000 cards which has me stoked!).

So without further ado… here are some pretty pictures:

Also got a few more cards that were far less exciting but still pretty awesome.
1st Edition Shining Charizard, Stage error Blastoise and another no damage Ninetales:

12 Likes

Wow! Awesome! One of the best sets around in my totally unbiased opinion. :wink:

1 Like

Been a little while since I posted a collection update.

Grabbed a bunch of these Oceania and International versions of the Evo DCE. These were given out at the Championship Series events in London and Melbourne in the last few months. As far as I know these were the only events that each was given out at. Seemingly pretty rare as the extras were supposed to be destroyed after the event(s).

And with that my Evo STAFF set is is again complete:

Next up, in hunting my collection goals and just about finishing up my eSeries sets I picked these little gems up. I wanted to get a photo of them all together. (Of course I failed at lining them up by set…)

And lastly there are a couple more, most of these are for the WotC sets I have been working on completing, only 14 more cards to go then that chapter will close!

Oh and almost forgot about these miscuts, miscut crimp error abomination and the ink splooge:

10 Likes

@scratchdesk awesome additions man, I still need to find the International energy and the International Staff variants :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks! Sadly the International Staff one was the only one I’ve seen available and had a chance to grab, was a bit more fortunate with the Oceania (even though rumors say that there are less copies of the Ociania cards one available in both Staff and regular variants).

1 Like

Wish I can get one of those staff Charizards :pensive:

Well done, scratch.

1 Like

Umbreon h30 looks so amazing :hugs:

1 Like

Finally getting around to making an update here!

Got a few additions that are pretty cool.

First up is this “Bonus Box” Featuring a Celebi ex Promo and Rayquaza Tin and 6 EX Series Booster Packs! Haven’t seen one of these available… in a long long time:

Next up is this Pichu Sample card with Japanese back. Always thought it was interesting how many variants and versions this little Pichu card got:

Here are two Art Academy Pikachu’s by Meli and Xime:

And Tangrowth and Chespin Art Academy cards by Goshin and Gabi:

And here are some Grey Stamp Base 1st Edition cards I have come across:

And this one is kind of unique, mentioned it in another post. It’s a Grey Stamped 1st Edition Shadowed Machamp. I found it very interesting that the Grey Stamps holos were still making an appearance this far into the print run. Has me curious why we don’t see any other sets with the same type of faded/ grey stamp:

And though not perfect, this little guy flew in for a great price:

Onto miscuts and oddities! Here is 3 Base Set 2 Energy cards all with upside down and severely miscut backs:

And a couple miscut Base Set Energy cards:

A Darkrai EX BW46 Promo Miscut:

A couple pack cut and crimped cards:

This funky foil tear M Slowbro EX. Not quite sure how this can happen but it’s pretty wild and unique!

Aaaaaand a bunch of minor micut Guardians Rising cards:

10 Likes