Scarlet & Violet English ex cards and potential new error?

Ok, so this post is a two-parter. I’ll start off with the ex card complaining and then move on to the potential error.

ex design:
The Mimikyu ex box promo (releasing March 3rd) is quite dark in appearance. I’ve posted a couple pictures from Rev’s video to showcase this. The Mimikyu looks eerily similar to one of those fake ex/gx cards we see so often on ebay and flee markets. The dark holographic tint to the card is closest to the MMewtwo EX. Rev shows the promo at 1:30 at multiple angles and again throughout the video.

Note** The lack of holo at the bottom of the card looks to be intentional and was seen on the Koraidin/Miraidon ex jumbo promos.

Fakes:

Error?

Now on to the more interesting part, a potential error already popping up. The Mimikyu ex shown in Rev’s video seems to lack the starfoil holographic trait that SV ex cards are supposed to have. I found another opening of the Mimikyu ex box online where the difference is more pronounced (last minute or so).

**Note: The last picture in this gallery shows a copy of the card with the starfoil visible

**Note: I wasn’t able to find the starfoil while watching Rev’s video. It may be there, but I couldn’t pick it out. :person_shrugging: The other video shows the starfoil on both copies, but only after shining a bright light on both. Based on both videos, it seems the starfoil on some Mimikyu ex may be harder to see than other copies. Whether it is truly “missing”, would require more research.

Starfoil w/o light, Starfoil w/ light

Thoughts?

1 Like

Pokerev immediately bursting my ear drums with his intro :melting_face:

2 Likes

The nonholo on the bottom is pretty gross

4 Likes

it looks super cool and unique

Screenshot_20230226_201642

2 Likes

How did this get past QC?

Rough era if this continues.

@bk2021 Pokemon fired the quality control department years ago

1 Like

bringing the sticker here sadge

i shouldve known the whole english redemption arc thing was too good to be true lmao