Pokekyun Sylveon EX Full Art Error

I’ve never see this topic discussed before, so I wanted to bring this “error” card up in the hopes that maybe someone else knows more.

Recently, I’ve seen a couple of Yahoo Auctions and Mercari listings for Sylveon EX Full Art Pokekyun cards that are labeled an error. It took me a good while to figure out where the error is, but lo and behold, it does exist. Below is a comparison between the Japanese Pokekyun and English Generations version. To my knowledge, the error is only in the Japanese versions. See if you can spot it.

So the error is in the energies next to the attack “Precious Ribbon.” You can see in between the colorless energy and the name of the attack. There’s a white dot where another energy would have been placed. This was clearly fixed in English and other foreign language releases. After checking the two raw copies I have of the same Pokekyun card, I noticed that both of those also have this energy error. Also, every other copy of this card I could find online has this error. This has me wondering if there’s another corrected version of this card or if the only version of this card printed was the error. The only corrected image I could find is the one below, which looks like a scan. However, it’s possible that it was edited.

The other day, I watched another PSA 10 copy, which was listed as an “error,” sell on Yahoo Auctions recently for $441.91. This is a record high for this card even in a 10. I’m just wondering if people are willing to pay a higher price tag under the assumption that, being an error, the card is inherently rarer. Whereas, a corrected copy would be much more so if there even is one.

Anyone else notice this error or know of a corrected version?

5 Likes

I’m thinking that that “correct” has to be either doctored or is the image that was never printed into a card… even when Pokebeach had the leaks of Pokekyun it has the white dot

www.pokebeach.com/2016/01/sylveon-ex-full-art-from-pokekyun-collection

1 Like

this error has always been a bit of a meme on the e4 Discord and has been discussed over yonder.
it was corrected in Japanese and all the other prints.

imo it’s a boring error and not worth a premium.

1 Like

@trainofthought,so it was corrected in Japanese?

Here you go friend,
Corrected and error next to each other…

2 Likes

My first ig post was of this error. Both versions seem to have equal rarity :blush:

https://instagram.com/p/CBWpqZtnj4N

1 Like