Scammer alert: Jay Kim in McLean, VA (eBay ID: zesammul) - Proof Inside

Jay Joung Kim (eBay ID zesammul) who lives in McLean, VA stole my Pokemon Base 1st Edition Shadowless Booster Pack Blastoise Art - PSA 9 MINT, certification number 26112004, using payment dispute fraud.

On 12/24/2023, Jay Kim purchased my 1999 Pokemon Base 1st Edition Shadowless Booster Pack Blastoise Art - PSA 9 MINT for $3311.00 including shipping, which was shipped on 12/28/2023 through USPS Priority Mail with Signature Tracking and delivered to his residence on 12/30/2023. Jay Kim signed for the package.

Jay Kim left positive feedback for this purchase “A+”. On 02/23/2024, Jay Kim filed a fraudulent payment dispute through his payment institution with the reason “The item doesn’t match the description in your listing”. Evidence was provided that the item was exactly as described as a response to this dispute, but on 03/22/2024 Jay Kim’s payment institution sided with him without having to return the item. The original $3311 plus a $20 dispute fee was pulled from my eBay account. Jay Kim now has illegal possession of my item. Police report in Fairfax County, VA, USPS Mail Fraud report, and FBI IC3 report have all been filed against Jay Kim for payment dispute fraud. If you see this item for sale anywhere, please let me know.

Item that Jay Kim now has illegal possession of:

Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation for this item:

Proof of positive feedback for this item by Jay Kim:

Order details:

Dispute outcome:

39 Likes

Damn this sucks, sorry this happened to you.

This is horrible. Have you chosen to file an appeal? I will be curious how that turns out.

eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee needs to begin authenticating graded packs. While it wouldn’t prevent buyers from using payment disputes, it would absolve the seller of any responsibility once the pack is authenticated.

2 Likes

Why didnt this qualify for seller protection

All the disputes ive gotten, ebay auto closed and I presume paid both buyer and seller out

6 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I thought all you would need for this is signature delivery for seller protection.

Sorry this happened to you.

Also let PSA know the name and item/cert so they’re careful to note if this guy reuses the pack (cracked or otherwise).

1 Like

I just wanted to point out that the OP contained employment history which the staff here felt was a little overkill. But of you are a prospective employee that found this thread I’m sure you can have your questions answered by contacting the individal who made this topic directly.

12 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. I know how this feels. Hopefully you can recoup your money or pack somehow

And I thought my underselling mistake was bad (had to edit it because I worded it wrong)

1 Like

Anyone who does an external claim with the payment institution outside of ebay should automatically be banned and ebay should be on the hook. “Seller protections” are legit a joke

5 Likes

BURN IT TO THR GROUND

Kidding. But seriously this thread is a good reminder to have a red flag/name list for orders, regardless of user name.

1 Like

Can’t find his eBay profile, did he change his username?

You searched by store instead of user. Here’s his ebay page.

1 Like

I actually called eBay on friday after this happened. by the time i called them, they had already started some sort of appeal or dispute with the payment institution i believe. the person i talked told me they “won’t allow him to get away with this” or something to that effect. i am still waiting on them to request info from me for that process.

15 Likes

Speaking to a human at eBay has always resulted in a positive outcome for me. I hope that they will make you whole.

6 Likes

apparently, ebay seller protections dont cover item not as described payment disputes, only item not received/didnt authorize purchase disputes, which is something i didnt know.

5 Likes

Seems like a horribly easy loophole to abuse…

7 Likes

i will also add that when the buyer files this type of dispute, ebay doesn’t show or tell you any evidence the buyer provided their payment institution, so it is possible i didnt fight this correctly in the first place

What the heck.

This is what i get from eBay every time. They can’t get away with this. You are talking like the buyer is at fault here, they are not.

You need to fight eBay

The buyer’s payment institution sided with the buyer. The good news is that you’re protected for this dispute under eBay seller protection policy. We won’t deduct the dispute amount from your funds. You’re not required to take any action at this time.
Thanks for your patience and for being a part of the eBay community.

I had the reasons

They are requesting $XXX.00 back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer hasn’t received their item yet.

They are requesting $XX.XX back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer did not recognize the transaction.

And was able to resolve both times