さようならカナダ! Sayounara Canada!

I’m going to be away starting today, as I’m traveling to Japan! I’ll be there until the 9th where I fly to New Zealand and then finish my trip off in Australia. My activity on the forum will be limited but here’s hoping I find something nice!!

7 Likes

have fun man!
safe travels :blush:

Japan is a beautiful destination :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you have a nice time!

Is this your first time going to Japan?

1 Like

Yep! Here’s hoping I do okay :blush:

1 Like

Wow, good luck Michael!! Hope you have fun and get some cool cards while you’re there!

1 Like

If I went to Japan, I would live in the card stores. It should be amazing. Wishing you the trip of a lifetime.

4 Likes

Haha you and me both!
I wouldn’t even buy anything just looking around is enough for me xD get high on the atmosphere ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"
It’s seriously sad all the card shops in my city died.
And the only one left is pretty much Magic only and the store owners stubborn opinion: only kids like/play pokemon.

Oh well not like those card stores were a match for the literal “house of cards” that are Japanese cardstores.

2 Likes

I’ve been to Tokyo and had a n awesome time. Check out robota restaurant while you’re there :wink:

1 Like

Have fun Michael, hopefully those sales helped :blush:

3 Likes

Update #1 - It’s really humid. Like the heat itself is bad but the humidity makes is so hot. We have just done some tourist stuff and I’m planning on going to card shops Sunday

2 Likes

Yes, Japan is full of no rarities and gold stars, and shinings everywhere you go!

and they are all in amazing gem minty nice condition :blush:

Even in the cards shops in the main area of Tokyo, Pokemon cards are abundant and everywhere!!! OMG!!

lol!

well, not really, most places have damaged crap, and some stores will maybe have a little Pokemon items in a tiny corner of the card shop. Then you have all the crap resellers who are only in it for the money, and don’t actually collect at all. Then the 33million people living in Tokyo alone… Anyways, point is it’s tough to find the goods, but maybe occasionally will get lucky.

I mainly only sell off spares from my collection from the last 8-15 years, don’t really go into the city to find items much as it’s quite difficult.

As always, i extend to anyone coming down to Japan, or where-ever i maybe, if you want to grab a beer or meetup or something, just pm me. I will take you to secret no rarity shining gold star shop i know :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :slightly_smiling_face: :0 :0 :0

Called, ‘my home…’ lol! no, actually maybe some actual shops. i will see.

1 Like

I am in the land of australia.

bring me your no raritan finds and trophy cards (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

always @reinasierpe will throw things at you.

1 Like

inb4 @pokemonsyndicate is already planning a elaborate heist to rob that “secret no rarity shining gold star shop” aka your home.
seems like it may aswell be synd’s Secret no rarity shining gold star shop by now.

2 Likes

It would be cool if you took pictures of the card stores you visit (if you go and if you can) and then maybe some of the cards you get. Have a safe trip.

1 Like

Ha, you’ll get used to the humidity!

If you aren’t planning to already, I highly recommend paying Hiroshima and Miyajima a visit.

2 Likes

I ran a resort in south Vietnam right on the South China Sea so I can sympathize with the affect of humidity. I lost 50 pounds there and didn’t ever diet.

1 Like

What haven’t you done? I went to Japan earlier in the year when the weather was more like where I like. On the more cold side. You should go to osaka if you want to go to card stores. Theres a few there, I bought a Charizard gold star unlimited in played condition there.

1 Like

Went to a few shops today. Saw some trophy cards but nothing over the top. A victory ring, champions league and a mysterious Pearl. Debating heading back to buy them but don’t want to waste my money just yet lol!

Going to the Pokemon center tomorrow

I was in Japan in August 2012, took me 3 days to get used to the humidity. When we travelled away from Tokyo to Kyoto, it got easier. Hiroshima was total game changer, perfect weather compared to Kyoto and Osaka. The real weather shock was when we visited Nagano, it felt cold with having only like 26 degrees compared to the 40+ in Tokyo…

I second this. Miyajima is wonderful. And in Hiroshima it’s really not that hard to randomly run into an elderly man showing you around when taking the tram outside of rush hours. Happened to me and my friend, best tour guide experience ever!

I hope you having an amazing time. Visiting Japan is something I recommend everybody, even the people that has nothing with Japan (the country, culture, any hobby) or Asia at all.

2 Likes

I’m used to the humidity now! Today was a breeze. Plus it was 10 degrees cooler with half the humidity…