Rusty bought the pre release Raichu

Loved this video. Rusty’s top graded cards. Some really cool stuff in there. I’m not a big Charizard guy personally but a great collection including tmb, discos, cosmos, PSA 10 base 1st, square cut no stage Blastoise, and tons more

27 Likes

I remember him talking about how he grew up in complete poverty, having to use a screwdriver to turn on his microwave or something, not being able to play bball on a school team bc they couldn’t afford the shoes and uniform, and now look where he is. Just casually showing hundreds of thousands worth of the cards he has on hand lol.

21 Likes

It might have even been bordering on a million depending on the price of the Raichu! Rusty such a good guy though, happy for him

12 Likes

I’ve known Rusty almost as long as I’ve been collecting Pokémon. He did me a lot of favors and helped me grow my collection in ways nobody else could and I would not be where I am now without him. Payment plans, first refusals, trade-in credit, buying things from me when I was hard up, and he was the first “stranger” on the internet I ever trusted when it came to Pokémon. I think he and I connect with cards in a similar way so I can easily imagine how happy he is. He and I have a mutual appreciation of the eclectic and fringe.

We don’t talk much anymore but I think of him fondly and share in his wins from a distance.

44 Likes

I cant think of any others who are more deserving of a card so cool and unique. Fits right in with his vast collection of errors and other oddities in Pokemon. The video was awesome, lots of really extraordinary cards.

7 Likes

Years ago, around 2011ish, I purchased a lot from Rusty. He was always so genuine. Even way back then he was a big deal in the world of collecting and I was a nobody. Yet he took time to help educate me on on different bits and pieces. I remember speaking with him in detail about the Sample WOTC sets.

12 Likes

crazy to hear what he paid on some of them and what he honestly thinks theyre worth rn. No shilling, no bs. He knows his stuff. I respect that a lot.

also just crazy to hear from someone like him how nutty COVID was on pokemon prices and how sports card investors (and others who dont know pokemon) drove prices to unsustainable highs

3 Likes

GOAT

2 Likes

Wow that’s incredible! I wonder what he paid for that Raichu. I wish he would give a hint on the range like if it is in the snap promo range or if its more like one of the trophy cards. Guess only time will tell

Rusty was “The Charizard Authority” right? Bought a lot from him back in the day, really great guy so I’m happy for him.

It’s almost hard to believe that nearly 10 years ago some of us were still talking about this card as if it were myth (nevermind just a few years ago). Rusty is one of the most humble folks I’ve ever seen and met in this hobby. He helped me a number of times when I was getting serious about collecting and he did it without blinking an eye - his store was also one of the ones I used to frequent the most when buying online. So glad to see a card like that in his hands.

Not sure if you still prowl around here but @TCAGaming if you see this, big congrats!

10 Likes

is*

He’s got an incredible wealth of knowledge and one of, if not the best, English Pokemon card collection in the world. I loved hearing about his childhood, he’s also a positive and yet humble person. Never interacted with him personally, but he’s one of the people I admire most in this hobby which could use more like him.

5 Likes

Couldn’t have gone to a better person in the hobby! I can echo the same sentiments in this thread that Rusty is an incredible dude… always a pleasure to do business with.

I really appreciate all of the kind words!

75 Likes

Just echoing what everyone has said. I watched a lot of his videos on YouTube years ago to learn more about Pokémon. Super knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. Even though I didn’t know him personally he helped through his videos. Big congrats Rusty!

4 Likes

Congrats on the amazing card!!!

Huh, I thought he had changed his nickname.

oh maybe. i just go by his yt name which is TCA Gaming

1 Like

I think Nintendo made him change it

3 Likes