Road to $500,000 in sales 2024

Just my personal resolution and documentation of progress.
Hope to hit $500,000 in sales for 2024.

If you have nothing but hate for success, go to another thread please

• 95% Ultra modern raw and slabs. 1% Sealed
  • Most cards are under $100
  • PWCC, Goldin, etc sales will NOT be included (i do sell higher end thru those platforms)
  • realistic goal would be $350,000
  • Optimistic goal is $500,000
  • based on current market

Jan 1, 2024 - Jan 4, 2024
$2,640.00

*note: falling behind already. too much holiday laziness

7 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes

Wishing you success! Will follow to see your progress and documentation of your process. Can be a great learning opportunity!

Thanks and cheers!

1 Like

Wait. 500k in sales or 500k in profit? I mean, you could generate 500k across a whole year with less than a couple hundred cards. Doesn’t mean you made a profit and could even mean you make a substantial loss (100k+). Just curious.

1 Like

? Gonna need more details than that …

I’m gonna try and sell that much too.
Current progress as of Jan 1, 2024 - Jan 6, 2024
$77.45

22 Likes

Gross sales.

Please go to another thread where people sell to lose money. I would not do this to lose money.
Quality raw, slabs under market, volume.

*the hate is real on this forum.

Thats an amazing goal, good luck.

Unfortunately I think Im doing it wrong :sob:
Jan 1, 2024 - Jan 4, 2024
$-353.94

Share your selling tips.

15 Likes

Asking a simple clarifying question is certainly not hate.

Best of luck with reaching your sales goal

31 Likes

The title says sales. Not profit. The dude is just hating.

Thanks

Where are you getting the inventory? Best of luck, it’s a nice lofty goal and worth pursuing if you are passionate about it

Also curious what your English/Japanese split is.

Good luck with the goal!

right there with you bud. currently at $126.29 sold and sitting at a -1553.96 gross. I’ll be there in no time.

3 Likes

why would you not include these if they are part of your yearly sales

what does this even mean

2 Likes

If i sell high end $10,000+ card thru PWCC , it will NOT count. High end is a different market and platform.

IF THE Current market stays as is, OK. BUT, if the world goes into war, Pokemon crashes, Pandemic hits, storage floods, better business comes along, etc The goals will not be reached.

Anything can change in a blink. As of today, i am trying to hit $500,000

i know your joking, but i took a look at your sold.
You sold a Charizard & Braixen GX
I Sold a PSA 10 for $46 (which i though was low) a couple of days ago.

Maybe grade more of you cards? IDK.

in all seriousness, more power to you and your goals, but this feels like such a hollow post. how is it related to market if we have no context. what are the cards? what are they selling for in comparison to a month ago or two? how did you acquire them? roughly what is your investment in inventory, costs in grading, packaging, labor, etc…

as some have mentioned, 500k in sales doesn’t mean anything if you’re netting like 1% in profit out of that.

one thing you could do that would be neat is posting your sold/paid for items, that way we can follow along and this could be more of a looking glass into the market instead of just whatever the heck this post is atm.

your initial post sounds like you’re taking an adversarial stance against the world as if you’re well aware that this is a “didn’t ask, don’t care” bait post. it feels like you’re just trying to get ahead of the “hate” by inviting it directly which makes this whole thing seem unserious.

21 Likes

lol i had to go back all the way to mid november to even find what you were talking about

but yeah i was just joking. my inventory is mostly just stuff i don’t want anymore or stuff i bought alongside stuff i do want to help offset the cost of my collection. i’m not actually trying to compete with you :smiling_face_with_tear:

hard work and smart vision. Dont listen to all those influencers on Youtube on “how to make money with pokemon” .

I will do a recap in Dec 2024. If you think i make 1% , feel good about yourself. I make more than most will think i can.

2-4 hours a day, taking weeks off every few months. If i can scale up this year, Could do $1,000,000 in sales. This is a one man operation, and NOT MY SOURCE OF INCOME.

*doubt all you want. obviously it makes me even more motivated.

************ your Tyranitar 038/066 slabbed Gem mint can do $40-50.**

Bro you gotta relax my man. Not everyone is attacking you.

19 Likes