Reviving the Pokemon Collectors Catalogue project?

Inbox me.

Anonymity or Credit will be given to anyone by their choice, wherever this project goes.

1 Like

I am more than willing to help. I was thinking of working on a website that catalogs all the non English or Japanese cards with resources to help identify, research and buy such cards. However, with simultaneous projects going on with the same or similar end goal, I feel like we could all work together on this and provide the best resource for Pokemon cards in any language.

I don’t have much expertise in these kinds of things, but I believe it might be best to create a website that is seperate from UPCCC to handle all the scans and such, but have this be the forums for the website. That way, people can navigate on a professional website, then come here to provide information, share their collection and trade/sell cards from around the world. It could even be possible to partner with some of the major forums for other languages such as Bisaboards.de, cartasPokemon.es or pokecardex.fr.

Those are just my two cents. I, for one, would absolutely love to see all these things come together. I simply don’t have as much time or expertise to run a foreign card database on Pokebeach by myself anymore haha

EDIT:
Also, as it was stated before, I am talking to members of other forums and have some scans rolling in soon. I suppose I can ask them to hold off for the time being to see how this plays out. Should we move forward with any solid idea, we can request scans to be a certain standard and I can let my volunteers know.

As far as using existing scans, I am unsure that would be the best move. For one, I would like some standard in my scans so that they all appear the same size and quality (to an extent, I know people have different quality of scanners), and for two, after what happened with Pokebeach and Bulbagarden, I think it would be best to avoid using scans from any existing site unless the owners are part of the project.

1 Like

I have been using the same scanner for years, it does do wonders! :blush:

@dogma, great to see you on here (even if only briefly), and your catalogs look awesome! It is an idea that I am all for, but find myself in much the same situation as you. Not enough time to give :slightly_frowning_face: I even find it hard to regularly post here at the present time, let alone take on a project like this. But that said, I will do all I can to try to further projects like this as they come up.

1 Like