Reprint EX Boxes (Gengar/Kangaskhan...) - Same holo or not?

I’m talking about those boxes:

I know that the Gengar ex included in the box has the same numbering as the set one and so isn’t a new card. BUT the Battle Arena Decks also had direct set reprint EX (Rayquaza/Keldeo) with a slighly different holofoil pattern making those a new variant that collector who want a master set need. So here’s my question: Is this also the case with this Gengar ex and the other ex from those boxes (Kangaskhan etc)? Do they have a different holofoil pattern compaired to the ones you could pull from boosterpacks?

Also the Legendary Bird decks that were just released include a direct set reprint EX. Could anyone also confirm if those also have a new holo pattern or not?

Thanks!

I believe that they all have a different holo pattern from the originals.

1 Like

Thanks! Then I need to buy them for mastersets haha.

1 Like

^ Interesting. We were talking about Master Sets the other day with @djgigabyte

On Bulbapedia the Mewtwo EX & Darkrai EX from the first Arena Decks are listed as additional cards.

(Darkrai EX - Sheen Holo Battle Arena Decks: Mewtwo vs Darkrai exclusive)

I use their lists for all special cards for a master set. But they didn’t update their lists yet with the new Sheen holo EX from the new Arena Decks + those special boxes.

EDIT: I see that they updated their lists a little! The 3 bird EX are listed as additional cards in Plasma Storm! Only the Rayquaza EX & Keldeo EX from the Arena Decks aren’t listed (yet?) + gengar ex from that box etc.

1 Like