Remains of a collection from the past (2008-2009)

2008-2009 era (late D&P and Platinum)
Here you can see the remains of a Pokemon TCG collection from the past, which has been slowly sold out across Europe in the years 2017-2019. The cards and booster packs shown are from the personal possession of the Pokémon TCG distributor for the Galeria Kaufhof and Karstadt chain of stores in Germany. Because of low popularity of the Pokemon TCG, people moving to competitive Yu-Gi-Oh TCG and consequently unsold stock around the year 2009, the distributor decided to just crack open a lot of POP series booster packs, blisters, box sets etc. from that same era. Around the year 2017 the same distributor has sold over 1000 POP series 5 booster packs to a Scandinavian group of collectors for around 5€/each etc… :smiley:
P.S. Some card quantities were impossible to be shown in one picture (from near)

Supreme Victors mixed decks, still in the distributor’s original packaging incl codes and magnets.

Many, many Arceus Lv.X DP53 (from the green tin), was unable to get them all in one picture.

Arceus DP50 from the Arceus Poster Pack and Box

One of the cardboard cartons in which the cards were stored (old :sweat_smile: )

Some POP series 9 packs, many even sealed in additional foil (??)

Cresselia DP51 and Darkrai DP52 from the Arceus 3-pack blisters

Drifblim DP34 from the Drifblim Blister

Mothim POP7 from the Legends Awakened 2-pack blisters

Lucario POP8 from the Collector’s Poster Box

Dialga DP49 from the Supreme Victors Poster Pack

Pachirisu DP4 from one of the many 3-pack Base D&P Blisters

Buneary DP6 from the Buneary Blister

Manaphy POP6 from the Manaphy 2-pack Blister

Riolu POP6 from the Riolu 2-pack blister

and, and, and…

Imagine, that it is only what is left of the once huge collection of sealed and opened product and imagine having these cards still in their original packaging… In Slovenia we have a saying: “A pig can only dream of corn”

Nevertheless, first time I have come across across such a wast position of 2008-2009 promos (with the theme decks and other varia not shown, weight was at around 60lbs) from one person and here it is, just to be archived on this forum.

Hope you enjoyed the read and hear you in a bit :slight_smile:
All the best from Slovenia(EU)
Armin

30 Likes

This is what the sword and shield hoarder’s collections are going to look like lol

3 Likes

Wow so many cards! The cards appear to be English. Gosh that pile of Arceus Lv X is making me lick my chops.

1 Like

Any of these Platinum Arceus 2-Pack Blisters with the Holo POP8 Happiny over there? :eyes:

(Image not mine.)

2 Likes

You mean this x100? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes, they all english, none is in german language :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Mmm these blisters :face_holding_back_tears:
Sadly none :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

So much nostalgia. Such a cool collection

1 Like