Reliable Microfiber Cloths For Cleaning Graded Cards?

When cleaning a slab I first use an air puffer, and then PlastX with a clean/new microfiber cloth. Even though I’m only using a small amount of PlastX, afterward if I don’t do an intense dry rub there will be faint streaks that initially I mistook for new scratches on the slab.

While some force is obviously required, I want to do a sanity-check to save myself a lot of stress.

Have you had any bad experiences with a particular microfiber cloth? Can you link or mention the specific microfiber cloths you’ve had the most success with?

I’d rather get a recommendation from E4 members instead of some random Amazon reviews that aren’t cleaning graded cards.

I use these as general purpose cheap microfiber cloths, they are a bit big for Pokemon cards but you can also use to scrub clean surface countertops or wash your face so win-win. Personally I find the small ultra-thin microfiber cloths such as eyeglass lens cloths are too thin to efficiently apply enough pressure to clean plastic. You can throw these in the laundry to clean, though after five or so rinses they start getting brittle. Note however they are not 100% polyester they are 80% polyester 20% polyamide (nylon).

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I7E70CW/

1 Like