Microfiber cloths

For those who do some pre-cleaning before sending off to PSA, any recommendations on quality cloths?

1 Like

I am confused, you wipe down your cards before sending them to PSA? How did they get dirty?

I’ve seen some videos where people say it helps get rid of dust and other things to help make it look cleaner when they review it.

I always check my cards before sending in to PSA and part of this process is to have a cloth ready for cleaning. Second-Hand cards can sometimes have small fingerprints, dust or any other minor things that I do not want on the cards when they are getting encapsulated.
Personally I use the type of cloths I’ve gotten with my glasses or some electronics. I am sure there are better ones you can buy but I’ve used these on several cards that came back as 10s :blush:

1 Like

I have a few boxes of Kimwipes I use to remove fingerprints from cards.

Personally I just use some good ol’ spit and a few ply of TP.

4 Likes

Eye glass cleaning kit. But never directly spray card.

Isn’t that a little risky?

If you’re using anything damp to clean a card you’re taking a HUGE risk. If you really want to just remove surface dust, there’s no reason to use anything other than compressed air. If you’re wiping the surface good luck

1 Like

180 grit sandpaper works best. Me and @jakew1994 been using that method for years.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. I’ve also heard you can carefully run a lighter over the card to burn off any surface dust or impurities. You have to be quick so the flame doesn’t discolor or burn the card

Least get my name right :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Dynamite. It’ll do the job and you’ll forget how dirty the card was.

1 Like

someone test this on a 1st ed charizard pls

To far man… to far lol