Relaxo's Collection

ALBUM

As you can probably tell, I love Snorlax , but I collect much more than just that. If a card makes me smile, I tend to buy it. I also like miscuts/factory errors, and have a small collection of them as well.  

The end goal of the collection is to own every Snorlax ever printed, regardless of language, and 9 of each English print a complete Snorlax binder. Currently I'm mostly hunting down the reverse and non-holo Snorlaxes from the Polish printing of Diamond/Pearl.  

Note: I will update as I add photos to the Album, I haven’t photographed my collection in ages, and am using this as an excuse to catch up. I also have just built a light box for taking better pictures, hence the massive difference in quality between some of the pictures.

Currently missing English Snorlaxes: 0!

9 of everything collection progress: 172/387

2 Likes

Excellent collection! Snorlax was one of my favorites growing up. I really love the unique differences in each card too. Ever thought of adding is pre-evolution to your collection, Munchlax?

Something about Snorlax and Venusaur always appealed to me.

Like the dominos pizza one - ive just ordered two in mint condition, gonna try and hopefully get at least one in a psa 10!

I figure that the Munchlax collection will start once the progress on the Snorlaxes starts to slow down. Right now, since the collection is still in its infancy, the Snorlaxes I’m missing aren’t particularly hard to come across, but I’m definitely going to be going for Munchlaxes eventually.

1 Like

Your 1ED Charizard looks pretty clean too :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I bought the full 1st edition base set off of Ebay ~5 years ago. It all came shipped unsleeved in an ultrapro deck box. Somehow the cards were still in crazy nice condition upon arrival. The charizard has very minor edge whitening on the back, but the front is super nice.

Cool collection, Snorlax is pretty beast!

I thought that charizard looked neat also… Sigh, remember the days 5+ years ago… when you could find a 1st edition base set in good condition for under $600…

Always loved Snorlax! I am still hoping for a Snorlax EX FA. I’d go nuts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Loved the collection pictures you shared. Keep it up!

Snorlax (^__^)

you might enjoy this:
home.att.ne.jp/star/snorlax/collect7.htm

Welp, never knew about those tropical prensent cards, looks like I need to add those to the list now, any idea what the going price is on them/ where I could start looking?

The Tropical Present “Special” cards were fan-club giveaways back in the late 1990s/early 2000s. They are pretty hard to find nowadays, but pop up now and then on YJ auctions. They generally fetch around 20,000 to 30,000 yen, I believe. (If you need a middleman in Japan, I’d be happy to help.

Wow that much? Guess I’ll need to get a job in 2015…

Being young with no significant financial responsibilities is the best time to get a job. You could buy stuff and not worry about it. My collection grew a lot more in high school than it did once college costs started.

1 Like

It’s always nice to have a holy grail to aim for. I’ll have them in the back of my mind whenever I’m browsing auctions from now on. Also, I just got a dutch 1st edition jungle snorlax in the mail. Pics of it will go up in the next batch of photos I post.

Hey man, I just saw your signature and I will PM you in a minute! :>

This is easily the largest lot I’ve ever purchased. A bunch of Japanese Lv.X’s and holos from base-Neo, on the left is the complete Japanese dragon vault set.

1st Edition Dutch Jungle Snorlax. Found this on ebay.de randomly while looking for more Relaxos. The word for “Retreat Cost” is incredible.

1 Like

Nice adds! Funny how the retreat cost is worded like that. Eruughagdjaf;alkj, lol.

1 Like

Awesome lot with a nice variety

Hopefully you can retreat before pronouncing the whole word lol

4 Likes