"Red's Pikachu is The Rarest Card of 2018" - Unlistedleaf

Gesomayo must be exalted over this video. cha-ching!

Maybe gesomayo is pulling the wool over this baka gaijin.

2 Likes

the guy makes a living of youtube, clickbaiting titles are his job lol. He also has a videotitle saying “I spent 50’000 in a pokemon center” without mentioning that the currency is Yen :grin:
is it bad that he gives misleading information? yes. Is it harmful? imo no. I think it’s good that he provides content for the younger generation, he also presents older booster packs as more expensive and desiderable, so there is that.

Hey look it’s the entirety of E4 getting salty over one guy yet again. :unamused:

Where is everyone getting salty mate?

Thanks for the brilliant contribution to E4 though :+1:

3 Likes

found unlistedleaf :grin:

15 Likes

LOOOOOOOL…

…?

He’s not genuinely passionate about Pokémon. If you’re willing to lie to your viewers while appearing to be passionate, just to build hype, then that is the quality of someone who has sold their passion.

7 Likes

When opening the Litten pluche he calls it “Litlen” for some reason. He’s just so well-informed, I love it! But yeah, it’s sad for the huge amount of predominantly young people he misinforms with all this 420 hypeblasting. Unlistedleaf papercuts both ways for the hobby.

I’m dead :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It amazes me how many views this annoying twat gets, I get that it’s 99% kids but it’s just wrong that kids will get ripped off buying this card because of his lies

I mean who cares if the card is the rarest pokemon card of 2018 or not? also people (or children in unlistedleaf’s case) will quickly realize that the card is not that rare if you can buy one for a few dollars…

You attempt to justify lying to kids as not a big deal because, “who cares?” or, " kids will quickly realize".

I’m not sure how to respond other than, if you want to have a healthy discourage on the ethics of lying, then I’m game. Seems just responding to you within this thread’s context isn’t going to do much. There is a core ethical foundation that needs addressed before any contextual argument would be effective, if you are seriously positing that it’s not a big deal to lie to kids for monetary gain.

1 Like

Would be quite funny if the sellers start selling it for double the price and then UL can say: look, it already doubled in a few months… (Actually, it would be ironically and frustrating tbh…) However, this is not going to happen. It may increase by 1 or 2 USD perhaps, considering they were 5 USD at the very beginning of the pre-orders, and 7-8 USD the next day. Still, fact remains that over 3,000 of these were already sold (from three different sellers) before it was even released… Fact also remains that almost everyone in Japan could get it by just buying five booster packs.

As we all know here, this card will never be worth a lot. It might raise to 15 USD in 10 years time, and selling it on some remote sites to people who don’t know any better could triply your money from 5 to 15 USD right now, but I doubt it will ever go even up to 20 USD given the quantities that are already sold right now. I’ve seen packs of 100 of these still sealed being sold for 300-350 USD a few times already.

I also completely agree with your other comment, @anon83099482 . Hyping cards is fine, being that hyperactive and jumpy about every card you pull is fine as well. I personally get a headache when I watched too much of him a few years back, but if people like to watch that hyperactivity it’s completely fine by me. As long as he isn’t just stating nonesense 100% of the time… :confused: Lying and misinforming people is just wrong. Although his channel is very large and a lot of new people who join the Pokémon community in general might have joined because of his videos. In the long run when people realize they are misinformed about for example this Red’s Pikachu, they will be gone again. @smpratte 's channel may be smaller (which is very, very unfortunate), but all his videos are of amazing quality and have facts that can actually be verified, instead of just lies that causes people to click on UL’s videos so he makes more money through YT funds. The amount of people in the welcome thread who say they ended up here on the E4 forum because of Scott’s video is amazing, and I hope we will still get more members who are as enthusiastic about collecting Pokémon TCG products, but more importantly, Pokémon TCG related information and facts.
I for one am glad to be part of this E4 community, and I’m also glad I haven’t watched more than 3 of UL’s videos in my life… :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

@djgigabyte My point was to highlight that this information is obviously wrong, but he still grows the hobby. I am by no means defending what he said, but he is a hype channel, whether we like it or not.

Most hype channels are contrived and misinformed while promoting the hobby. This pattern has always existed. This is why 90’s kids think ancient mew or birthday pikachu is god tier rare, or the bs behind prerelease raichu, or that Mew is hiding under the truck in the game, etc. This has always existed. Today we simply have the luxury of pointing our fingers at a recording.

I don’t support this willful misinformation, but I acknowledge the inherent catch 22, in that they promote the hobby as the misinformed rumors did in the 90’s.

5 Likes

Didnt this happen with the original Trainer Bill card awhile back? I was looking at the asking prices a few years back and they were all over the place… Anyways, I just bought a house a few months ago and this card will pay my mortgage off by December, this is great lol :wink:!

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

1 Like

When I was getting back into the game, I also loved (and frankly still do like) his openings. It was just a way to see the stuff I loved when I was younger getting opened. But you have to treat certain things like junk food, sure they may be fun - but they aren’t exactly always going to be a healthy thing overall. Unlistedleaf kind of reminds me of that - hes primarily a harmless and fun channel, but he does have very real influence on people to get people to buy stuff. Does he perhaps use that irresponsibly on occasion? Absolutely - but I will say I don’t think he is anywhere close to the most harmful person in the hobby and generally is otherwise a pretty positive influence. Stuff like promoting fake packs and such is of course blatantly wrong

1 Like

+parents +grandparents ++++ depending :confused: