rate this card

hey guys, please bear with me as this is my first post on here and haven’t posted in ancient forums like this since ragnarok online xDDD

so, i just got my first edition fossil gengar from ebay, but i’m a fool b/c the holo foil has scuff marks around gengar’s left ear. i assumed the card wouldn’t have a mark as extreme as this since the listing description said it was fresh from the pack a week ago and a PSA 10 quality card. actually, in the listing picture you could see the scuff on the holo, but i thought it would be on the casing… ugh i know

but anyways, my question is… could a card with a scuff get a PSA 8+ considering everything else is almost perfect? or does it drop it to 6 automatically like creases and dents? please check my pics below for reference (if they work)… thanks!!

edit: ah man it didn’t work. i made the google drive shareable if anyone cares to look. in the mean time, going to figure out how to post pics…

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yKlzSUwSNGGxPmxC_T7sAkfjeILANtyc?usp=sharing

@jabodey, mods will guide you to the right thread for this one, but just use postimages.org/

You drag your pic there, and use the “direct link” to upload pics here. And you can’t use the “quick reply” option. You must reply on the bottom right, not left. There is a button to click to upload pics, there you paste that direct link.

Welcome!

Edit: I looked at it. Hard to say. There’s no auto here. This is a subjective discretionary grade. Could be a 6, likely a 7, possible 8 though I wouldn’t count on that. That would be pretty lucky.

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

1 Like