Rarest Item(s) in Your Collection

Here is a little spoof for my upcoming thread containing all my pikachu cards. Attachment Deleted

3 Likes

Any other cards similar to that than just the Articuno?

Not to put you on the spot: but what are your thoughts on its value?

I never knew such a thing existed. It must be incredibly rare (or overlooked).

Didn’t even know it existed!

I can’t express how grateful i am that the articuno has the fossil stamp and not the GB stamp. Phewwww

@anon92205803 – This is quite the entertaining subject to luxuriate in, isn’t it? :blush:

@anonspaz – Your exhibition of ultra rare cards is exquisite! I am extremely impressed by your Articuno. I never realized this particular card existed – very, very cool :blush:

The rarest card in my possession based purely on restricted distributon numbers would be the Wonder Platinum (033/DPt-P). This particular card was awarded to the top three finalists in each age division at the 2009 Japan National Championship Representative Tournament. In total, it is speculated that only nine cards exist due to the distribution method (i.e. three (3) cards x three (3) age divisions). I obtained this card from a very good friend of mine :heart:

I wish to expand on the concept of rarity by addressing “unique” cards. I do own three cards which are unequivocally unique and literally “one-of-a-kind”. I posted hyperlinks to my photographs due to potential size constraints of my single post:

2002 Battle Road No. 1 Trainer
2002 Battle Road No. 2 Trainer
2002 Battle Road No. 3 Trainer

The 2002 Battle Road Tournament Prize Cards have either a male or female illustration drawn on the card, depending on the gender of the winning competitor. In addition, every card is personalized with the name and regional conference of the winner. Ergo, every 2000 - 2002 Battle Road Prize Card is unique and incapable of duplication.

I wish I had a female version :sob:

In regards to my detailed record of acquisition for the No. 1, please visit this thread for further explanation. The chronicle is curtailed, yet it feels odd to reiterate it again in a newer thread conversation. I purchased my 2002 Battle Road No. 2 and No. 3 from an eBay seller. The rest is history :blush:

5 Likes

I’m so jealous and impressed by some of these collections. :dizzy_face: Who knows, maybe they’ll give out a unique Gyarados card to me that’s TCG affiliated! :stuck_out_tongue:

Unique, you’ve got some amazing cards there. I love the artwork on all of them. Especially the medal one you have with the pokemon in the background!

I wish there were such a thing as collection contests!

Dang that Articuno is sweet! Wish they had a Moltres version :grin:

What do you mean you can’t determine by images alone?

BTW I’m extremely jealous of this card! :grin:

I would love to have a fan club magikarp, and in PSA 10! Its nuts!

Absolutely gorgeous card! So hard to nail down in PSA10. Yours is the only 3rd card to be graded as such I think. Congratulations.

Mine are

Cards: My charizard collection

Plush: Toy Factory - Piplup- It is 56 inches tall. The biggest size of piplup plush ever made.

Plush: Toy Factory- Pikachu- This is about 58 inches tall.

Plush: 1998 Play by Play - prototype - squirtle - about 24 inches tall- it has tags with numbers and color names to show what the fabric colors should be

I also have a play by play charmander plush that is 36 inches tall. And a toy factory plush oshawott that is 36 inches tall with a huge wide head.

Figures: Hasbro combat SHINY figures- uber rare - made around 2002 - cyndaquil, scyther, zapdos (missing pieces still hunting for a complete one I can afford), blastoise, tyrogue, spinarak, heracross, chikorita.

Oddities:

pokemon center USA - pink eevee jacket
johto- USA- 2000- near complete mint condition full bed sheet set (missing 1 pillow sham, comforter, and maybe bed ruffle)

Hey I had to change my rarest collection. I had forgotten that the blank signed card was taken back by my ex.

Videos of the plush and charizard card collection are coming soon!

1 Like

Cards: most likely PSA 10 1st ed. gold star Regirock, extremely low population and I’ll highly doubt there will be new ones coming soon, Regi-trio wasn’t that popular anyways

Booster boxes: sealed 1st ed. Neo Revelation. Also I think sealed red logo Jungle is pretty cool addition to any collection. :blush:

This is my current favorite.

s1260.photobucket.com/user/The-Charizard-Authority/media/DSC08104_zps6f2ffd84.jpg.html

1 Like

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:!!!

Is that an Uncut Base Sheet?

Your collection never ceases to amaze me. I’ve seen several of your videos and have been completely jaw-dropped.

It is. Thanks for checking out the videos! Making videos was at the suggestion of a few people from Pokegym(on here now) and SMGQuest. It is neat hearing from the same people on Youtube, forums, ebay, and other places.

Not my most valuable card exactly, but one of my favorites. 1st Ed French Mis-cut Electhor, (Zapdos). French name > English name, has ‘thor’ in it haha.

4 Likes

The crossover can be really cool. I just got an email from you today to check out your videos since I bought a couple banned cards from you on eBay. I’ll have to check your videos out :blush:

Yeah, beautiful french card !
I agree on the fact that french names are better than english names, not only for Zapdos :stuck_out_tongue:

My rarest card is the beautiful french shining Charizard alias “Dracaufeu brillant”.
This french card is extremely hard to find mint in first edition !

3 Likes

Those french cards are great! I love the spelling and pronouncing of the names. I should get a few french gyarados!

Yeah, I knew you from Ebay and youtube first before I even started out selling or joining these forums. You’ve helped inspire me to do a lot from watching some of your videos. Though I’ve yet to be lucky enough to win one of your giveaways! XD

I love what this community has to offer and am impressed with all of the Ebay/Youtube Collector celebs here!

The rarest item in my collection is most certainly my Tropical Mega Battle No. 1 Trainer in its original trophy display case. Most everyone here has seen that one, but here’s a link for newer members who might want to check it out:

www.elitefourum.com/t/from-the-japanime-vault-updated-october-24-2021/11101/70

However, as primarily an “odds-and-ends” collector, there are other items in my collection that I value even more. Most of them are ephemera, though others were apparently built to survive for generations to come. For instance, this one:

This credit-card sized, gold-colored metal “Licence” grants me passage to a secret vault on the third floor of the Pokemon Center store in Hamamatsucho, Tokyo. There, I am allowed unfettered access to the printing plates, original artwork, audio recordings and other archival documents related to the production of the Pokemon TCG.

[SPOILER: Click to show](javascript:void(0);)SpoilerOK, I made all of that up. :wink:

In all seriousness, this is the only one of these licenses I have ever seen.

8 Likes