Rarest Cards in the Hobby

yes, those are pretty rare, but those are just infamous errors, like the PreRelease Raichu. So i dont really count those in this thread. I count them personally, but for this thread, no.

That was hilarious😂 You are a real talent.

I love bulbapedia and I’d say they are way more accurate than not. Keep in mind though that WE are Bulbapedia. For now, a computer is only as good as the programmer though. Or isn’t that true anymore? Lol

2 Likes

Thats another urban legend, they’re very scarce, but there’s never been any proof that only 30 copies were produced

1 Like

It seems like the Pikachu and Electabuzz are much rarer than the other two. Why would that be if an equal number of each were produced.

I don’t know if there was an equal amount of each produced or not, but when we’re talking about such a small amount of cards, it may just come down to what cards ended up surviving, remember who these promos were given out to

1 Like

There was proof, four sheet of 121 cards were produced three were caught and one made its way into circulation. One spot on the sheet was a blank. So 120 total cards were produced. As far as the distribution being divided evenly, we don’t know. If anyone has seen an uncut sheet it would make it easier to figure out.

I still don’t see any proof, where did this info come from?

Rusty’s production manager contact back in the pokegym days. Don’t have the time to pull up direct links, but you can google for them.

fair enough, the quoted numbers seem quite low considering how many copies of these i’ve seen around

1 Like

-2002 Battle road Female winner (only 1 exist iirc)

-SNAP Articuno(never been publicly seen outside of media factory’s possession)

This thread gave me an idea. I should start a thread about “Least rare cards that cost the most money”. First in the list? 1st Edition English Charizard.

1 Like

wait what? they printed English VS sets? any pics?!

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/which-is-the-actual-rarest-pokemon-card-out-there/14412/1

I enjoy the fact that both of these threads devolved into conversations about the existence of prerelease Raichu cards.

3 Likes

Yeah, this convo pops up from time to time. The one thing that never changes is the fictitious Pre Raichu gets exorcized from the grave. But of course authentic copy’s, even after 18 years, never show up, besides counterfeit ones.

like i said, i couldnt care less about this card, but why dont you just ask Scott about its legitimacy, and put it to bed?

I don’t care if Prof Oak said it was real. It’s a farce and as far as I’m concerned, it’s was put to bed years ago;)

The rarest card is my psa 1 no rarity Charizard. Get rekt scrubs.

3 Likes

Not sure if you guys have heard of this card before, rarely ever seen on eBay or anywhere for that matter…

But it’d definitely have to be a sealed Base Set Machamp Unlimited Sealed. Hands down, no argument.

4 Likes

This is the same raw tampered card that keeps getting regurgitated every few years. All it does is keep the legend alive and I’m one of the few who cries foul. Besides all the other fakes why haven’t any of the other supposed 6-12 turned up? Your talking about something that could be worth 50,000.00. I guess that’s just pocket change for the former WOTC employees who supposedly got some and they just left them in drawers?

Ive seen some other decent fakes. One great friend and high end collector got out of the hobby because he got ripped by a good fake. Since then I’ve decided to fight the scam unless a copy got PSA authenticated…legitimately.

Where are all these cards? Why haven’t any been authenticated? Those are the questions we need answered.

2 Likes

The Trainer Deck A Machamp?