Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

The Pikachu
& Growlithe artwork :open_mouth: Awesome cards ^^

2 Likes

Yes I love the Dragonair and Pikachu cards-- so so cute. Ditto is slightly horrifying. Lol I love how unique the Carddass artwork is

2 Likes

Any extras of the Pikachu?

Mjisaacs

I’ve sold the extra to @queendrifloon, but I have two more incoming which I hope to arrive next week. I contacted two persons from Indonesia (one on reddit, who at first didn’t responded at all; and then two days later one here on the E4 forum). Both responded at the same time, so I decided to buy them from both because I’d otherwise feel bad, and since I knew people here were interested in them as well. Both of them send me two, so if the second package has arrived I can sell you one of the two duplicates.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

A few days ago the Indonesian Detective Pikachu, today the Thai one (as well as the Thai/Korean exclusive artwork). The Thai language is complete again now for both Pikachus and Sevipers. :blush:

Here an overview of the percentage of Pikachus per language I have (including a few incoming cards), and the amount of cards I’m still missing per language. (NOTE: For official releases only, so this is excluding cards like the Thin, 2D, Grey, back stamp Base Pikachus, Sample Pikachus, Matchprint Pikachu, Inverted WB Pikachu, Solid Gold Base Pikachu, etc. These numbers below only include official and intended releases of cards, so in reality I need want a few more like the Japanese Sample Pikachus and such.)

Language Percentage complete Amount still missing
English 98% 4 out of 198
Japanese 97% 8 out of 298
Dutch 100% 0 out of 6
German 98% 3 out of 131
French 100% 0 out of 133
Italian 98% 2 out of 126
Spanish 96% 3 out of 78
Portuguese 100% 0 out of 51
Korean 90% 7 out of 72
Chinese 100% 0 out of 4
Russian 100% 0 out of 11
Polish 100% 0 out of 4
Thai 100% 0 out of 9
Indonesian 100% 0 out of 1

So 8 languages completed, and 6 languages left to complete. :blush:

Here a group pic with a Pikachu from every language:

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

A cool foreign error. The German Reverse Holo Porygon2 from Triumphant has a pixelated Porygon in its evolution box. Pretty fitting, and a cool little error. Thanks @chappo for telling me it exists. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

I was so happy to get my Pikachu in the mail, and, wanted to ask if you got this beauty;

2 Likes

Yes, I have it. I just came back from my vacation in Luxembourg and it was waiting for me (along with loads of other stuff) on my doormat. :wink:

Two of the other cards that arrived are these Japanese and Korean Jumbo Pikachus (thanks a lot @esos for helping me get the Korean one):

I think @rustedharmony and @therealonewolf might appreciate the back of the Japanese Jumbo Pikachu as well. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

@quuador ,so that’s the back of the card instead of Japanese style back? So cute!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: *calculating* to see if it’s technically a ‘card’ and not just ‘art’ so I can add it to my collection!!! :person_gesturing_ok::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Yep, that’s correct. Instead of the Japanese back it has that artwork as the back. :blush: The Korean version still has a regular English back like almost all Korean cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I like how it gives a good pokemon-to-human body size! What product do you have to buy to get it?

Not sure. I assume it was in a Magazine of some sorts based on this back. But they’re pretty easy to find on Yahoo Japan for about 300-500 Japanese Yen (~3-5 USD). This is of course excluding middleman and shipping fees, so I probably paid around 20 USD all in total.

Simply search for “Pikachu card” or “Pikachu Zekrom” and look at the larger borders at the top/bottom, or a picture of the back artwork in the auction, then I’m sure you’ll find it. I think I actually saw one on eBay earlier today as well for around 40 USD or so (mainly because the auction contained a bunch of other stuff as well)… Will see if I can find it tomorrow morning if you want.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

One of my favorite Pikachu artworks (POP4), signed by its artist. Thanks a lot for selling it to me @alecpokemon , as well as the OC Moltres. :blush:

Also, some Chinese Base Set errors arrived today. The Machop is more well-known, but apparently this error can occur on loads of Chinese Base Set cards… (I wonder if this error can be found on Pikachu as well… hmm…)
I don’t think nickygin has an account here, but he has some great cards in his collection showcased on his Instagram. If you somehow read this: thanks for selling these to me. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

A very special arrival today: English WB Promo Pikachu without the WB stamp. And as bonus even BGS-graded, including mentioning the error. :grin:

Non-English WB Pikachus all don’t have the stamp, and although we might know the Inverted WB stamped English Pikachu, where the WB stamp is upside down near the weakness (see here for my copy from a few pages back), this is the first English Pikachu I’ve seen lacking the stamp.

@thecharizardauthorty also has a Dragonite where the gold is missing, but the stamp imprint is still there, as well as a Mewtwo where the stamp and imprint are missing completely (perhaps better seen in the picture here). My Pikachu still has a very feint imprint of the logo, but it’s not anywhere like the Dragonite (it’s very feint, and only partially visible on an angle):

Anyway, I’m very happy with this addition to my collection. I had to pay a nice price for it, considering TCA was interested in it as well and the seller (@scytherman13 ) needed money after recently completing his Inverted WB set after buying the Pikachu himself. But, since this is the only one I’ve seen thus far, AND it was BGS graded, I couldn’t let it pass. Thanks again for selling it to me (I’ll post it on my IG in a moment).
Here’s to hope no expensive Pikachu pop up in the near future, so I can slowly save a bit of money again. I know loads of other upcoming releases, but as long as each individual card is < 50 USD I can manage. :wink: Not that I can’t afford it of course, but these past three months after buying both the Inverted and No Stamp WB Pikachus was the third time since I started working that the money on my bank account decreased instead of increased (one of the other two times was when I bought my first car).

Anyway, in other news: I’m done re-organizing my entire collection after the last couple of weeks. I’m currently in the process of cataloging them, which I will put in my google drive and share once it’s done. (Although that catalog is mainly for my own purposes, since I then finally know which cards I do / don’t have.)

Oh, and all Portuguese cards from my Brazilian middleman arrived today as well, so that language is complete again for both my Pikachu and Seviper collection (and the Mimikyu collection I stopped a few months back as well :wink: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

10 Likes

That’s incredible mate, BGS are really a step ahead with their labeling in some regards

2 Likes

Another extended artwork for the Base Pikachu has arrived. I still contact artists I don’t have Pikachus from every now and then. :blush: This one below is from onescribbleaday from Instagram. Really like the berries, especially the ones in front of Pikachu.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Another beautiful extended Base Pikachu has arrived, with a cute Caterpie and Weedle. This one is made by hollypaintscards of Instagram.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

All the Indonesian Pikachus and Mimikyus have arrived from my amazing new middleman (yes, I know I stopped collecting Mimikyus, but I still buy all Portuguese/Thai/Indonesian Mimikyus in case I decide to collect them again in the future, since those will be the hardest to catch up to in that case). I’ve also bought one Deck, and one booster pack of both set A and B (the pulls from the packs were rather lackluster, though… :neutral_face: I like the Holofoil Ribombee, but the other pack didn’t even had a non-holo rare in it…). The pulls from the randomized 60-card Deck were pretty solid, though. Here they all are:

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

After @pokeolivr posted about his favorite booster box here in this thread, which is the very recent Japanese Sky Legend booster box, I decided to buy one as well to keep sealed, since they’re pretty affordable, and I’m curious what the price would be 10 years from now. :blush:

So, here it is. Such a beautiful artwork. Definitely worthy of keeping sealed.

Now, does anyone know where I can buy any (not too expensive) acrylic protection cases for small Japanese booster boxes like these?

EDIT: Now in its acrylic case, custom made by prdisplays1 from Instagram. It’s crystal clear; fits like a glove; and overall just of excellent quality. I can certainly recommend them to anyone who needs protection for their boxes. Thanks again for the recommendation @steveg! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

15 Likes

Pm bud :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like