Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

One more I just forgot in my latest post. The last card arrived to complete a small budget collection of mine, which I briefly mentioned earlier when I shared my BREAKthrough Swablu artwork collection.

(One of) the first released card in each of the 14 Pokémon TCG languages:

1. Japanese: Glossy Ken Sugimori Ivy Pikachu Unnumbered Promo [October 15th, 1996] (released together with the Jigglypuff inside the CoroCoro Comic November 1996 volume)
  2. English: Shadowless Base Set Charmeleon [December 1998] (released together with one Machoke; two Charmander; one Doduo; two Machop; two Nidoran♂; one Ponyta; two Yellow Cheeks Pikachu; one Potion; one Switch; three Fighting Energy; three Fire Energy; two Grass Energy; and two Lightning Energy inside the Pokémon Demo Game Pack)
  3. Spanish: 1st edition Base Set ©1999 Abra [October 1st, 1999]
  4. French: 1st edition Base Set Abra [November 18th, 1999]
  5. German: 1st edition Base Set Abra [December 1999]
  6. Italian: 1st edition Base Set Abra [Start of 2000]
  7. Dutch: 1st edition Base Set Abra [February 24th, 2000]
  8. Portuguese: 1st edition Base Set Abra [?? 2000]
  9. Korean: Pikachu World Collection 2000 Base Set [September 13th, 2000]
  10. Chinese: Pikachu World Collection 2000 Jungle [September 13th, 2000]
  11. Polish: Diamond & Pearl non-Holo Azurill [January 12th, 2010]
  12. Russian: XY non-Holo Weedle [October 6th, 2014]
  13. Thai: ©2018 Grass Energy [January 19th, 2019]
  14. Indonesian: Detective Pikachu SM-P Promo [May 8th, 2019]

Some additional information for anyone wondering some things:

• Japanese: the Japanese Expansion Pack was released in October 20th, 1996, which was the first Pokémon TCG set. The Pikachu and Jigglypuff CoroCoro promos were released five days before that, so are the first Pokémon TCG cards released in general.
  • English: the Pokémon Demo Game Pack was given to some MTG distributers in December 1998 (and also given at some events later on in 1999). The Trainer Deck A and Trainer Deck B were distributed shortly after. And only then the English 1st edition Base Set set was released on January 9th, 1999. Of course there is also the Protostoise from Summer and Fall 1998, but it was never released nor intended for release, so not part of this collection goal of the first released card per language.
  • Korean/Chinese: the 1st edition Base Set released in these languages were released near the end of 2000. I couldn’t found an exact date, but both would be released around November/December 2000, so after the Pikachu World Collection 2000 release at the Summer Olympics in Australia in September 2000.
  • Russian: in English the XY Kalos Starter Set was released prior to the XY set (Kalos Starter Set being released on November 8th, 2013 and XY on February 5th, 2014). In Russian however, the XY Kalos Starter Set was released later on together with the Russian Phantom Forces set, so the XY set from October 6th, 2014 is the first Russian set.
  • Indonesian: the Indonesian 001/SM-P Detective Pikachu promo was released exactly three months before the first Indonesian set (First Impact)

As for why I picked these cards in particular, out of the available choices? I tried to pick the first non-Holo Common for the most part, hence the many Base Set Abra cards, as well as the Polish Azurill and Russian Weedle. For the English Pokémon Game Card Demo Pack I just picked the very first Base Set card from it, which was the Uncommon Charmeleon. And for Thai, since the First Impact sets and the First Impact Random GX Starter Pack were released simultaneously, I decided to use an Energy (which actually have ©2018 copyright dates), since it was in both the sets and deck.

Greetz,
Quuador

13 Likes