Quick ink dot question (Grading a WOTC holo)

Hey guys. Had a super fast question about a card of mine which has an ink dot and how it would fare at PSA…

**I dont grade too many WOTC holo cards, and haven’t ever graded anything with this sort of thing personally. What kind of impact would this spot have on this card getting graded?

The only other concerns with the card are a few light print lines on it, notorious on these typhlosions lol, and the slightly off-center front. Besides that, there’s no front damage, and the back is clean (and centered).**

(there’s a couple super light horizontal print lines as well I couldn’t catch on camera)

Do you guys think that ink spot and the print lines would hold this thing back from getting a 9? Or is it a strong 9 candidate? Im likely to grade it either way, but was curious if any WOTC collectors could shed some insight or experience. Thanks so much!

I’ve seen many 10s with random ink splotches, including the last public sale of this card in psa 10.

The scratches should knock it down to 9 or below. Given the price of 9s today and the potential of getting a lucky 10, there’s no reason not to grade it

1 Like

I’d love a 9! There’s no way that thing gets a 10 haha (though I wouldn’t complain). I appreciate the insight!!

I cant speak on the grade (im still getting used to the whole grading process and what consists of what grade myself), but I have that same typhlosions with the same exact ink blot and was wondering myself how that would affect it! Strange to see another one but in a sense that makes me feel better about my copy being tamped with by whom I bought it from

1 Like

I had the exact same ink dot on this card - also 1st edition, I’ve also seen other Typhlosions with this exact print dot.
Mine graded a 9 but did have some minor imperfections.

1 Like

@dizzle24 , @probopass , thanks for the help guys! I had small concerns with it being legit as a result of the ink dot, but I feel good knowing others also have the same thing. Appreciate it! :slight_smile: