White dot - from printing or PSA screw up?

Hello,

I’m just gonna go straight ahead and post the images so you can see:

Has anyone seen this before? I saw the dot when I bought it, but assumed it was on the case (because it’s a PSA 9). Stupid, I know, but atm I’m more puzzled about what caused it than disappointed over the blemish.

My guess is that something went wrong during the encapsulation, or did really PSA give it a 9 with that dot on the card?

PS. The 1st ed. stamp also looks a little bit smeared. Don’t know how common that is with legit stamped cards, but as you know it can be a red flag for fakes. It looks very real though apart from the smear, so I don’t think it’s fake

Well @nevyn , I can’t really comment on the white blemish/ink blotch, but as for the ink smear on the 1st ed stamp, I do have one on one of my rare non-holos, either my Beedrill or my Dragonair. And it is legit. So that stuff happens. Hope I can ease your concern about at least that. Just a slight smear on one letter that left a little run off. It was a fresh ink stamp. You can tell it was probably after a “ghost” run and they refilled.

Edit: went and grabbed a couple pics for ya.

Thanks, I appreciate the input! I suspected it was nothing to worry about, especially since it’s quite common to see the “ghost” of the stamp on the backs of 1st ed Base set cards (as you mentioned). It was just the first time I saw a smear like that it on one of my own 1st Base set cards. :blush:

1 Like