PSA's screw up.

1 Like

I believe my initial post and my e-mail thread with PSA clearly show that I am interest in sorting the issue out. I donā€™t want any freebies, and I donā€™t mind paying for shipping upfront. The only reason why I decided not to send the card yet was that PSA has only addressed their own needs so far, without providing clarification on how they will address mine as a customer.

I agree that since I have entrusted them with expensive cards and 99 of them got back to me safe and sound, it does show they are trustworthy, however the one that didnā€™t get back to me also shows they are incompetent, and I am scared they will be equally incompetent in getting the right card back to me. To be honest if they had replied back to me assuring me that my card is already on its way to them I would not even blink and post the Zard today.

My concern at this point is to make sure I get my Mario back.

4 Likes

exactly make sure ur card is safe and they know where it is or its on its way back to you before sending. i give you mad props tho for handling this in such a polite and honest manor. not every one is like that and for all you know the other guy might be trying to keep urs and get the zard. i really hope you get ur card back my friend.

not that it matters but what card is worth more urs or the zard? i dont know the prices lol

If PSA starts to give you the run around once you express your demands, donā€™t forget the power you have. You have the knowledge and proof of a major screwup on their part.

I work for a larger corporation myself and they donā€™t hesitate to resolve an issue if you threaten to go public. Just fyi

Here is the problem with a company such as PSA, who is a collecting standardā€¦it doesnā€™t matter. There is only one PSA.

I would wait to see what PSA replies in regards to what theyā€™re doing to get your card back to you. Itā€™s not a dick move, itā€™s making sure you arenā€™t left vulnerable. Iā€™m sure it was a confusing matter for PSA too and their reply should detail how both of you will be helped. No reason to ship the card without more info. Goodluck!

They still have an image to protect.

I suppose they may not budge, but my company would bend over for a client if they threatened to complain publically.

Iā€™m obviously taking this to an extreme, but if they give you shit, give it back.

Good pointā€¦

Zard is worth way more, but itā€™s not about money for me, itā€™s about two collectors with emotional attachment to their cards not getting them as they should.

Ok, according to PSA my card is on its way to them, they sent me the following e-mail:

Good Morning,

We already have the other customer returning cert # 40954856.

The Shipping Manager will return the item as soon as we get it back. Iā€™m sure we will send it out priority mail with signature required, like any other collectible package we ship.

We are working on resolving this with you and the other customer as efficiently as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation

Iā€™ve replied asking for a tracking number to make sure it is indeed on its way to PSA and as soon as they provide it to me or proof that it is in their posession Iā€™ll send the Zard. Looks like things are turning out fine though. :blush:

1 Like

I just talked to the person whos card was switched with yours. Today i received grades back form my submission and a psa 10 mario pikachu was one of them. I posted my grades on instagram and shortly after someone messaged me asking if they received a gold star charizard instead. They said they shipped the mario pikachu back to psa already and wanted to say thank you for shipping their card back as well.

I know I havent ever posted on here before. But im always on here reading and reading. But im pretty sure the person who got your card is on Instagram. She grades cards for people.

Sounds like everything is going to work out. Hopefully they give you a few grading vouchers as a thank you for your troubles.
ā€¦especially considering the card they gave you is worth more than the card you were supposed to get.

Wonder what would have happened if you decided to be a dick and say ā€˜thanks for the zard!ā€™. I donā€™t think they would have had any legal ramification, but they may have likely blacklisted you from using their services in the future.

Just remember that PSA uses a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) software to track data regarding customer IDā€™s. If youā€™re looking to play hardball when theyā€™re asking for assistance, you can expect to have the favor returned later down the line if you send things back into them for grading.

3 Likes

This is why I send in a bag of assorted baked goods with my submissions :grin:

Mate, just ship the card. Honestly, PSA will look after you. I know this because I have first hand experience over multiple encounters =)

Maybe Iā€™m too skeptical or too naive but I find it difficult to believe PSA would sacrifice both time and objectivity to make sure you got some passive aggressive grades.

4 Likes

PSA is very reliable and can be counted on. Unfortunately they are slow so delays are imminent. Asking for your cards return first would surely speed up the process.

If they donā€™t want to then offer to return first as soon as you receive a 50.00 voucher in the mail to make up for the inconvenience and your efforts,

Sounds reasonable to me;)

This is just a single occurrence but I sent in a wrongly labelled card to PSA once for correction and their policy was to have the sender pay for the shipping first and then reimburse later. The refund took a little long and came as a indirect form of a bank check (I donā€™t reside in US) but I did get my money back for sure! :blush:

Ok, I am sending the card to PSA today as they have significantly reassured me that my card is on its way to them. Iā€™ll keep everyone updated on processing times for them sending back my card and for the shipping fee refund, which I am hoping will not be a ordeal.

Thanks for the advice and support guys. :blush:

1 Like