PSA Sus Grading

I saw this on Reddit and how the hell did PSA give this a 1

There’s three really small dents on the top so it’s def 1 worthy :joy: But in all honesty, unless there’s water damage or something I can’t see this should probably be a 6 minimum

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m the associate at PSA who graded this card. I understand there is some confusion as to why I gave this card a 1, our lowest grade. I’m happy to clear it up: this card f*cked my wife. If I could give it a zero I would.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

15 Likes

There’s really no way to accurately judge the condition of the card from those photos. It could easily have a significant crease (or multiple), water damage, dents, etc. Regardless, it probably should’ve gotten a higher grade than it did solely because of the eye appeal.

2 Likes

Could be an entry error. But as stated above, there is no way to tell from those pics.

3 Likes

Enter the certificate number into PSA website and you will see a detailed up-close scan.

https://www.psacard.com/cert/64561112

This card has multiple creases (maybe even water damage) on the back.

2 Likes

ahh yeah a lot of creases lmao, but imo 1 is harshhh

good binder copy though :wink:

2 Likes

PSA needs to adjust their scanner settings

On this subject, my last submission return contained a couple of PSA 6s that looked better than some of the PSA 10s. The practice of instantly giving a card a 6 because of an indent that is barely even naked to the human eye is beyond silly.

2 Likes

I get what youre saying but would you want to buy a card thinking you were getting a really clean 8 but in actual fact there is a dent in it that you couldnt notice?

Then put a qualifier on the grade like they do with stains and OC.

A card with incredibly noticeable edge wear on every corner should not receive a higher grade than a card that has an almost microscopic indent but is clean everywhere else.

I can agree with that actually. I have a shining gyarados which is a 6 for this exact reason the card looks like a 10 and the dent is very small so i just keep it and consider it a 10 haha.

2 Likes

i agree that an automatic 6 for a very minor crease or dent is a bit harsh, but I also wouldn’t really put it above a 7. then again, i do have some 8s that are in seriously questionable condition for a “NM-MT” card