PSA Slab Stuff

I’ve noticed 4 psa slabs I got from a particular seller all have this weird discoloration(?) in the case. Any idea on what it is?

i.imgur.com/9qnpxze.jpg

The little dots under the label? Probably some plastic residue, similar to the little plastic squares that are on top of some cards. Got it on some I graded myself too, nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

My recent sub came back with a few like this.

1 Like

Checked a card I got back from PSA just today and it has the same exact dots. I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

Just a common manufacturing defect

I’m working on getting a company going called Professional Sports Authenticator Authenticator where we grade PSA slabs. IMO this one is probably a PSAA 7 at best.

23 Likes

I think we will need PSAAA just to keep you and your PSAA in line PFM.

7 Likes

Someone out there needs to hold me accountable!

4 Likes

I’m thinking of changing my discord username to PFM-FanClub-FanClub. I’m a fan of whoever’s a fan of you :grin:

2 Likes

Does PSAA recognize error slabs?

1 Like

Will you also be slabbing the slabs?

1 Like

We have the following qualifier grades:

Chipped (CP)
Cracked (CK)
Wrinkled label (WL)
Autographed/sharpied (SP)
Touched by dblast (DB)
Upsidedown card (UD)
4xxx cert (4X)

and special ones reserved for BGS only:
off-center card (OC1)
off-center label (OC2)

Every PSAA card is PlastX-ed before being graded. We offer encapsulation services or a sticker you can affix on the card to prove it’s been 100% PSAA certified

15 Likes

WTB 1st ed T17 PSA10 PSAA10 slightly WL 4Xcert DB-minimum of 5 times

4 Likes

Does no one think the “little plastic squares” are a serious problem?

1 Like

This has me laughing so hard :joy::joy::joy:

Hmm, seems that PSA slabs aren’t always up to scratch.

I’ve been searching high and low for answers on this label ‘specking’ issue, perhaps just printer error?

imgur.com/gallery/AyKIOxz

1 Like

I’ve seen this on quite a few of the newer cases, not sure exactly why though. As far as I can tell they are nothing worse than just a mild annoyance.

The plastic dots or the blue specks?

The plastic dots. I haven’t actually noticed any of the blue specks on any of my PSA cards.

Your service should be called: Pokemon Authentication Specialized Service. All cards must getting a PASS-ing grade.

My marketing team will be in contact with you shortly :wink:

2 Likes