PSA Pack Grading

I wasnt trying to create a pissing contest lol but it is an interesting topic. i admitted to the extent of my collection only to emphasize a point. Well…I know what these other folks have and they are amazing but neither bigger nor more valuable than mine. True I don’t flaunt it but many highenders know me and have an idea of the scope of my inventory. I was over 4000 rated on Yahoo auctions a dozen years ago and ever since have sold many of my extras and stuff I didn’t want on eBay. Many of you guys have bought from me and I’ve even bought from some of you :wink: Finally, several of the top sellers on eBay sell highend items FOR ME.

2 posts and you are screaming all these nonsensical things?
I’m sorry buddy but I don’t think the rest of us here really care whose collection is the best…
We are a nice group here, all enjoying each others collections…
Do you have any cards worth $10k+?
If not then I don’t consider you a top collector.

Garyis2000,
I wouldn’t mind a peek at your top collection if you could share it with us. I’m new in this community and just assembling my collection so I’m sure I could learn a lot from a collection like yours.

Cheers!

Pokemontrader@ If your disrespectfully saying I’m “screaming nonsensical things” is your style then you are certainly no part of a “nice group” on this site. It’s more an indication of the “fringe troll club”. Now go spread your negative unpleasantness over at Pokegym or something.

Lets take it easy boys.

Gary, was your username “whoszeldasglory” awhile back? I remember talking with you if so. The top collection comment is a bit presumptuous. What cards do you have that separate you from others on here? I am sure everyone would like to know and see what you may have.

Gary has been a great resource for Pokemon cards. One of my first PSA graded cards was a PSA 10 Porygon GET that I bought from him in 2004. I have a fair size collection of PSA graded Japanese Pokemon and while I’m not a fan of PSA graded packs, I applaud his efforts in expanding the interest in Pokemon. It only helps everyone on this site. I look forward to Gary sharing his knowledge and comments…

1 Like

Gary, I wasn’t trying to scream drama or anything, just I am skeptical that without seeing you anywhere prior, you come here with 2 posts saying that you can Our honorable president EVERYONE here’s collection though won’t even show us an image.
However after reading your long article, I apologize for jumping to conclusions, mind you, there have been people in the past saying they have the best collection, until they see the members’ collections here.

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better.

No one will value your collection as much as you do, so there is no real need to attach any claim of “best/greatest/biggest” to it. If it is truly great it will speak for itself.

No. 132

Hi avalanche. That’s been many years :wink: Great to hear from you again…lets stay in touch.

I understand and that’s fine. I didn’t think of your side, as explained, either. Friends?

Some of these replies made it seem like I was saying that as my point. I wasn’t! I was saying that to qualify myself to those who didn’t know me and then they would accept my advice from one who surely knows. I said it very much in passing and not boasting.
Hope that clears it up:)

Sure :blush:
Friends!

i would say the top collection is really up to your own liking.everyone has their own wants and don’t.what makes a good collection to me is what you really like with sets or artwork or certain pokemon in general.if everyone had the same thing collecting would be pretty boring by now but everyone has their specifics of cards either PSA or just random cards its fun seeing everyone’s collection grow and expand to other things.the trophy cards are something to admire and see even own if possible.what makes a collection good is the work you also put into it and the passion to complete it.

I just noticed you like vs.
Did you see my VS listing on eBay? Pretty cool eh?

Gary you should upload your collection for us to look at! I love browsing through the collections on this website, some are amazing… Smparettes (excuse my spelling) is one of my favs.

i am in the process of buying blister boost packs with charizards on them, to add to my charizard collection, would i pay insane prices for a mint graded booster pack beacuse its mint no, do i feel they are more valuable then the 1st edition cards themselves no, but i would get some reasonable priced ones as an addition to my collection, plus i think the wonder of havin a mint pack as to weather it holds that 1st edition charizard or not is kinda good.

Read more: www.elitefourum.com/t/psa-pack-grading/10950/1

To me, a ‘top collection’ is a collection that shows genuine love and dedication towards it to make it ‘complete’ in the eyes of the beholder. A top collection is something that is precious and irreplacable to the owner.

It is not about rarity or glamour. It is about what it means to the owner.

Honestly, I am always in awe of those who spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours on their collections as they build it up, one little piece at a time, and sometimes they land on something truly amazing and huge. I love seeing that.

I might not have no. 1 Pikachu’s or trophy cards in their 10’s of production quantity, but you know what? I’m really damned proud of my little slice of the Pokemon world. To me, it’s my pride and joy.

It’s not about rarity. It’s about what the collection means to you. :blush: Never forget that, folks :heart_eyes:

37 posts were split to a new topic: PSA Damages Expensive Pack and Legally Challenged