PSA Label History

The resources listed here are works created by other people.

I find myself looking at excellent guides like these often and figured some people here might benefit from viewing them too if they haven’t already. I tried to find if they had already been shared on the forum before, apologies if I skipped over them.

Collectors Universe Member twiley - The oldest of the examples I found. Each version of the PSA case is pictured up until 2012 when it was posted. It was reposted by jeffcbay and hasn’t been updated since. Used as research material in other examples also.
twiley’s thread

All Vintage Cards - This article is probably the most people have seen. It conveys the differences between the PSA cases throughout the years. Simple to view with a mixture of pictures both front/back of cases and a brief description on each change. Although slightly cumbersome in the layout.
All Vintage Cards

Collectors Universe Member NGS428 - This comprises the first example/others and their own work. They created a thread with a link although, now outdated. Their signature contains the new link to a Google Drive as a PDF. This PDF is the most up-to-date list I have found and what I’d consider the most in depth/useful guide of all.
NGS428 thread

NGS428 Google Drive PDFHopefully these guides help shed light on any questions or concerns about old PSA cases, especially with so many new collectors entering the hobby. I find them exceptionally interesting to see how things have progressed with technology yet still retaining the same PSA image.

I’m keen to see what changes they will implement in the future. It certainly has been a while since the Lighthouse case came out; 6/14/2017. The only subtle difference we’ve seen since is the labelling “NASDAQ:CLCT” to “PSA” last year.

Is there a particular change you would like to see made to the case/label? Or do you find the current case/label ideal?

2 Likes

I always double check resources like these when looking to buy an older PSA graded card since I’m not to familiar with those.

The current case/label is fine IMO but sometimes I wish their cases didn’t have the frosted plastic.