PSA Express Submission rejected from PO Box

I sent in my October 2nd PSA Express order by mail that same day. I shipped with USPS to the PO Box listed on my submission form.

I have just checked my tracking number, and was given the error stating my package was refused. Here is the message: October 6, 2020, 11:48 am

Refused

NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Your item was refused by the addressee at 11:48 am on October 6, 2020 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658 and is being returned to the sender.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? Submission was after the changes were announced and I believe it to be shipped in the manner specified by PSA. Are they having issues now with their PO Box?

What changes are you referring to?

It’s possible the box was damaged/opened (I hope this is not the case) and so they refused it upon seeing the damage.

I would hope not, it was a submission that was submitted in a box inside a larger bubble mailer. Only way to tell if that was the case is to wait for my return.

Sounds like it should’ve been fine. Curious if anyone else has any other insights.

I’ve sent a few cards to get graded via bubble mailer before and it’s been fine, too, so I’d assume that wasn’t the case.

That’s a big reason why I am asking. I have done submissions similarly in the past so am unsure if this might be part of a larger change that they’ve done for handling shipments. It might just be that I made a mistake, but was posting to see if anyone else had similar experiences.

The only thing I can think of is if the package is damaged in any way. Even like a hole puncture, any evidence of water stains etc., they may not accept because they don’t want to be liable for damages if there’s any chance the cards could have been affected.

It doesn’t mean your cards were damaged, but just the outer packaging might have an issue.

I’ve had a submission rejected before because the package had damage.

You can ring PSA and ask them the reason yourself if you want. Anything here is just going to be speculation.

1 Like

Same here. When they refuse it it’s either due to damage or the package being open.

I’m still waiting for my cards to be returned and not even sure they will, so brace yourself for a lengthy ride at best and bumpy one at worst.