PSA 9 sold for $15700 - what about a PSA 8?

Hi all,

Was trying to get an idea of the value of a PSA 8 1st Ed Charizard Shadowless.

I heard a 9 sold for $15700.

eBay listings are a bit sketchy.

Kind Regards

2 Likes

Have you ever accidentally signed off with “Kind Retards”?

12 Likes

Hi there hope you are keeping well and safe :blush:

Sorry I don’t understand!

2 Likes

Thin stamp sold for $8k last week on eBay

2 Likes

Either one would be wholesome af

3 Likes

That’s not very liberal of you to say Chris, shame on you.

7 Likes

It has been around 7-8k recently.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a thick stamp 8 sold for 9k, 7s have been going for 6.7k so I’d say an 8 has to be close to 9k on a good day…tbh I can see it being a 10k card if a 9 starts selling 16000+!! and even the lower grades like 4/5 are pushing 4/5k it seems likely or fair to say its close to 9k card for now maybe 10k soon!

There was a PWCC auction (fairly good indicator of market value) for a 7 for $7500 about a month ago. I’d say an 8 is at least $1000 more ($8500), but likely more depending on how strong it is.

Saw a private sale go through a FB group for $8500 last week!

1 Like

8.5k seems to be the going rate then, seems fair tbh considering a 7 is hitting around 7k. But to be fair if I was in the market for a psa 7 zard I’d say at these prices I’d rather save an extra $1500 an get a 8!! Especially as you would be spending 7k anyways for a 7

1 Like

I think before the price hike buying a 7 over an 8 made sense as it was almost half the price!! Quite funny actually the price difference between a 7 an 8 hasn’t really changed much from before the price hike, which is weird as they are alot more expensive now, would of thought the gap in price would be bigger tbh

1 Like

I’m assuming more people will realize that and spend a bit more to get the higher grade. The gap will probably widen with time.

2 Likes