PSA 9 Shadowless Holos

Can you guys help me value them? Not the Charizard, Venusaur or Blastoise. I know their price.

I’m looking to build the full holo set and I don’t want to overpay. I see most of them sell around $100 which seems a bit high to me but I’m aware there aren’t too many out there.

I guess I’ll also have to pay a bit of a premium on Machamp(1st ed). There’s a guy in my area that has one available. What’s a good price point?

If you guys have a few spare ones for sale, let me know. I only have the Venusaur so far.

There isn’t an alternative unless some pop up for good deals. You can’t just buy packs and pull them so your only real option is to wait for auctions or bite the bullet and pay for what is available. Recently a Zapdos sold for $140ish at auction and a Hitmonchan ~$120, both record prices. A few of the cards, excluding the starters, have been selling at $100+ for several months now like Alakazam and Raichu. If you feel the prices are too high, buy PSA 8’s. 8’s often look just as good as 9’s and 10’s to the naked eye and you can build a set much cheaper. Plus, some 9’s are actually really hard to find.

Thank you. I have no problem paying $100, but I didn’t want to state I’m paying that and end up buying $70 cards if that makes sense. I just got back into this hobby a couple weeks ago so that’s why I’m asking. 8’s are way cheaper but I’m a bit picky. I might have to settle on a 8 for Charizard though.

I missed out on someone selling a 9 for $550 CAD. Damn it

So in general $100 is a pretty fair price?

imo the common price point of $100 for most PSA 9 shadowless holos is already exceedingly low. Especially for holos which didn’t have the extended availability of being included in theme decks. Like tem said, cracking shadowless boxes is almost non-existent at this point, and any packs you find on eBay are probably weighed. On top of that, even pack fresh cards can score 8’s. If anyone is offering these cards a price significantly lower than $100 I will buy them all day every day.

I agree, they are scarcer than 1st edition. That’s why I want to hopefully complete the set before they get too expensive.

I’m still surprised most PSA 9 1st edition holos can be had for less than $500 too. I guess only time will tell what kind of prices these old base set cards can really be worth.

Thanks to @garyis2000 for some of the cards I needed. Very much appreciated!

How much would you guys pay for the Machamp? I don’t want to lowball the guy, he’s asking top market value for now. There seems to be a million of them ungraded so I might luck out if I’m patient enough. I know it’s 1st ed, but it would feel weird paying more for Machamp than a Venusaur. lol

Maybe I should buy that one, only $350. :rofl: