PSA 10 1st Edition Charizard - Recased

I made a post earlier about PSA 10 1st Edition Charizards

I was doing some market research, sometimes hating on the card I just bought for 36k - to get some objective responses

The card to me, looked great and in 100% PSA 10 condition despite the potential for regrade due to the cracked case.

The risk was of course there,

but very happy to have gotten it back today - 100% Legitimately a PSA 10, and to me a rather strong copy.

I’m in the PSA 10 Charizard 1st Edition club! Finally!.. I own some bigger and more valuable cards, but theres a special feeling about this one.

Cheers! and happy hunting!

27 Likes

Very nice! This card (the back anyway) seems to definitely be within the parameters of a PSA 10 example. I myself have been debating on sending some PSA 10s with ugly cases to PSA for the reholder. Glad yours came back un-harmed.

1 Like

Thanks my friend.

I’ve added the front pictures now as well!

The new cases are definitely a great plus.

The card is scanned into the cert search as well! Which, i think is a pretty big bonus

www.psacard.com/cert/15507883/psa?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=9c2613e288e40bd0b36c4c457fc641047afdbe43-1580937211-0-AcTLxRnF4FQ3FfXTKgvoOi6TvLBXPbClkozaMrTisqVZYDzFfPeF6JsTGtOzFaqP2yRWyhx3LvIWbYMnTMJF_L6d0RTeHyXF5FRlO7j_NsUFzOonRo85erYnsnNx-ceu5LE8tUUoC2sQ7Et4_Pr2yFs9IDfBbVo5l1VnqSSCDYf1GLJUac3vRwPO8PGN3sHYKbnwkIzFbzTkkGZXRma2Ehd64dqAokdWY9RrY6iNmjD867svMwU1y2oI5dDvxx507bXCYe5tW0OTaqKYEWf8lfPoOlIOklNznjxYJ9vMnDrf

I am considering doing this as well. Did you send it in un-cracked from its old case? And is this service availible through ludkins?

In my situation, the old case itself had a small crack on it.

I think you’re asking if I sent in the card raw, or in the old case.

I sent the card in while it was in the case with the older label, and submitted for a re-holder.

The whole process took 30 days.

Not sure if its available through ludkins… with a card of this magnitude, I would just do it myself - It’s 50 bucks for the express service

ok cool, yeah I dont have a psa 10, but its still in good shape psa 8. Maybe I will do it myself, but I’ve never sent in submissions by myself

So you gambled 30k on a regrade fiasco, damn that’s some guts right there

2 Likes

Congrats on the PSA 10 !

37k :grin:

I assessed the risk as pretty negligible.

Buying a 100k Lebron James refractor rookie tho - that’s risk. Risk, i’m willing to take lol

2 Likes

Looks great in the new case!

1 Like

Lol, yes that is insane. I ment like if it came back a 9 it would be a 30k loss

1 Like

Big risk = big reward! Congratulations on the positive outcome!

10 Likes

What’s the mantra? Buy the card, not the grade!

I observed the card very in depth. Having graded countless valuable cards in this range - I have more experience than most. I was just very sure the card was not effected by the crack.

But I hear you 100%, there was risk for sure - which is why the auction ended at the price it did imo. Ironically enough the second highest bidder was also a sports card collector, who reached out to me after I posted the card to my instagram.

I do take my fair share of risks in high end often lol

cheers

1 Like

Will you also be buying new pants and suspenders to accommodate your giant brass balls?

8 Likes

What exactly was the purpose of the previous thread?

1 Like

I’m a lawyer

Adversarial reasons. Theres a few things I don’t understand about the Charizard market. I’m not an expert.

By being the prosecutor, I was able to see the defence - to find some truths

Congratulations! It looks amazing.

Very happy it worked out you.

Congrats !! Now do you go one further and cross it over to bgs :joy:

I was hoping you would’ve said you played for the Leafs

Congratulations, that’s quite the feat to do something like that.

4 Likes