Pricing a total english master set

Hey all, I have a friend with a mostly complete english master set, as well as a potential buyer for said master set. Is there any resources for how to price this? Has a full english master set been sold before?

Other tricky aspects of the sale include the all cards being ungraded, but some of the high end cards (1st ed zard, *'s, ect) being in gradable condition. What do you think would be the best process for appraising a collection like this?

TIA!

Price out the highest 5-10% of cards as singles. Put the rest into buckets like “holo”, “ex”, “uncommon” and determine an average price for each bucket and multiply by the number of cards in each bucket.

Or try to find the rough value of each set and add it all up. I don’t think there is an easy way here, it’s just a trade-off between getting an accurate valuation and time

1 Like

Do you mean a master 1st ed base set? Or master all wotc english sets?

Also welcome back it says last post was 10 years ago lol

1 Like

A master master set! All english printed cards

TY! I am old :older_man:

2 Likes

Geez all wotc english sets. That would be hard to price even if they were all graded. Im not sure how sellers move something like that since you’d need a very very specific buyer. Maybe selling each set individually would work better. Idk even that seems tough to me, i usually just break sets down to sell them which is way more work

Agreed with @pfm. Price out the most expensive cards from each set and then pay a general rate for other holos, uncommons, and commons.

1 Like

If you throw out a price and they throw out a price and keep repeating til you meet somewhere. You have a seller and a buyer so do it the old fashioned way. Does this include a 3rd print fossil set?