Price Increases?

I looked on eBay today and noticed the Japanese Grand Party card is now around $400 for a PSA 9. I was seeing 9’s for at least half that price last year. Any idea what has caused price increases for cards such as that in a year’s time?

I’m not sure where you got that info, but the 9s are earning $200-250. That card did increase quite a lot since last year though… especially the 10s. I think it’s just the market adjusting. It’s a beautiful 19 year old promo card. There’s no reason for 10s to be going any less than $500, which is actually on the low side if you compare to similar cards.

Edit: The one PSA 9 copy that did sell for $399.99 actually got relisted.

Highest I’ve seen sold for PSA 9 is around $250. You might be looking at listed price, don’t let that deceive you, sold prices is all that really matters.

This is simply another supply and demand situation. The prices have increased in Japan, while the availability decreased.

A PSA 8 recently sold for $255.

2 Likes

Do you have some sort of ballpark estimate of how many were given out total? If I remember correctly there are about 400-500 graded… with how the distribution worked, how many more could there be? Could it be under 1000?

Either way, I’m good with the price increase… already got one for myself. This card is a very nice card that mimics the original trophies.

I missed the boat on the 10s, I was eyeing one up for ageeess early last year/late 2016. They were just a little out of my budget, as I bought silly stuff previously ha.

I just add it to my list of mistakes/missed opportunities and then learn from it.

Doesnt get me the card right now buut It is a lesson learnt, and hopefully next time I will pull the trigger when my gutt tells me to. It has been correct on several occasions, I just didnt *slaps forehead*.

The card really is lovely! I have admired for a few years since getting back into the hobby. I bought a Gb fearow Japanese promo for around the same price, I thought it was a bargain based on the availability and price at the time.
It is a very niche card, so the price really hasnt moved much(I didnt buy to sell it on, the GP 10 has doubled in the same time, that is why I mention it) .

1 Like

It is an underrated card IMO value-wise still is to a certain extent, I think Leonhart did a video with one a little while back that may have helped a little with exposure.