Price check: PSA 10 1st ed Zard (Plasma Gale)

I can’t find a fair price for PSA 10 japanese version Charizard 1st Ed. Maybe it’s just me but I cannot find it in eBay history lol

edit: changed the title/post sry

Not finding anything either. A played copy sold for $49 and there’s a 10 currently listed at $750. I don’t think it,s worth that much when English is $900. Maybe $500?(random guesstimate)

Did you check yahoo japan? I don’t even know how to browse that website. lol

1 Like

I’m fairly confident that there were unsold listings for years of a 1st ed PSA 10 at $400.

The POP is 93 for PSA 10 in Japanese (76 1ed, 17 unlimited) , more than double the English PSA 10 (41), and if demand could be lower.

If looking to buy a copy, I would start by offering $250-300

1 Like

Yeah this is gonna be a tough one going forward.

The japanese one sold for 38k yens on yahoo japan a while back on auction. but then one sold for like 10k yen.

So errrrrrrrrrrrr.

thing is they dont pop up mint often. THE bw ultras are usually played to shit on the back in japanese and english. Was just before the mass psa era of tingz.

BW ultra are quite hard to find in general, but blastoise and zard are bitches because most people keep them in collections.

one of the most annoying to find is my favourtie. EMpoleon.

ide zay plasma zard should be 400usd in 10. at this time. but can probably get it for 300.

2 Likes

Yeah good point, as I posted my random guesstimate I thought it was quite high tbh. $300-400 seems fair.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I didn’t know about that new PSA 10 listing, I couldn’t find it on eBay search unless I change “Plasma Gale” to “Plasma Storm” and then there it is, lol. Still makes you wonder about incorrect keywords, using a wrong one then you see a great deal if lucky…

If nobody (or rarely) bought this PSA 10 1st ed card, prices like ($300-500) seem fair. I already own a copy. Got it for $200 about 4 years ago. Just wondered how it’s doing in the market now.

What you’ll notice is Japanese cards haven’t been spoiled with the same growth that we’re seeing on English cards. You still got a good deal for it.

Keywords… I missed the best listing ever when I started collecting because the guy used Pokémon instead of Pokemon. Wasn’t a steal, but it was basically ALL the cards I wanted for a good price and from a local seller so no customs to worry about or paying shipping on each cards individually. Oh well lol

I actually just made that listing with best offer just to find out how much it was worth :nerd_face: and just looking at this thread the estimates are all over the place ($200-$500). I’m pretty positive I haven’t seen this card sold in PSA 10 on eBay since around feb/march. I remember one selling privately for $350 about month ago via ig, and someone offered me $400 around the same time but I wasn’t really selling it. Still not very eager to sell it hence the $750 mark. p.s. I also added “gale” to the title :^)

1 Like

I knew I had seen that peacock name somewhere! :grin:

Being patient is the way to go if you want top dollar. Good luck with it.

One just sold at auction for £320 which works out to about $430

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182925058926

1 Like

Pokemon Japanese 2012 Plasma Gale Charizard 1st Edition Secret Rare PSA 10 See original listing
Pokemon-Japanese-2012-Plasma-Gale-Charizard-1st-Edition-Secret-Rare-PSA-10
Item Ended
Item condition:
Used

“Gem Mint”
Ended:
30 Nov, 2017 13:27:24 GMT
Winning bid:
£320.00
[ 27 bids ]
Postage:
£7.00 Express Delivery
Item location:

1 Like

Lol I didnt see your post until after mine :wink: I was watching this auction

After seeing the end price looks like im going to have to grade one myself if possible as i honestly was expecting it to finish at lile 280ish.

Prices keep going up and up :confused: soon the raw cards will be the price of the graded and the graded too much(for regular collectors) grading and hoping will be the only way ha! then that will be too expensive

It’s a beautiful looking Zard card. I dunno, it has just that “innocent” look. The gold border/shiny goes well with it too.

Ungraded Plasma zards prices have indeed went up.
Still, the english PSA 10s Zards have OC issues, ugh.

one was also just listed for $500 BIN, not sold though. A few mysteriously jumped out of the woodwork right after this thread was made about the one I listed, after none showing up for like 6 months :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like