Price check - high end autographed cards

Recently got these back from PSA and don’t know off the top of my head what a good price point would be for each of these. I know the 1st Ed. Charizard will sell well along with the Prerelease Clefable but again I’m just not sure of a fair figure plus I don’t know anyone that knows what autographed cards go for nowadays.
imgur.com/a/0hhpwUI

That’s a tough one. Won’t help you much but I’d guess add 20% to the price of the authentic card itself?

1 Like

So add 20% of what ever it’s worth raw?

They vary greatly. Just depends on what someone is willing to pay (like everything lol)

But the 1st Ed zard and prerelease clefable will obviously bring in more money.

Since Arita is pretty “easy” to find his signature won’t bring the price up by too much, but I’m sure you could get a good offer if you throw them up on ebay for Obo :blush:

1 Like

Like Jeremy said the value varies widely. The signature’s appeal plays a part. For instance if the signature is in Japanese, English or both? How is it centered? Some appeal to collectors more than others as you see. This is not to mention each cards condition as a factor. This may muddy the water a bit but I hope this helps.

The Articuno, Molt., Zap. combination I could see fetching $250++

Arita’s signature on a random unlimited common might make that $0.50 common sell for $10-20 but Arita’s signature on a 1st Ed. base Zard might only add a 10%-20% premium because it’s a completely different market looking to buy that card and many collectors would prefer a strong grade over a signature.

I wouldn’t sell something like that just yet, maybe give it time and just track the market to see when they sell and how much they usually go for.

Signatures in Pokemon (or any tcg tbh) should be treated different to sports card signatures. Everyone wants to get the signed rookie card of a player but relative to Pokemon most people don’t care about a voice actor or artist. You’re now selling that card to a niche market and it’s on you to justify why you should pay so much for a given card. In the case of Arita right now in April 2018 his signature on cards isn’t exactly scarce, people farm signatures out of him with multiple cards when he does public events (which I feel is a bit disrespectful tbh).

What you have here (aside from Charizard) are just run of the mill set cards. I feel like the legendary birds could get a higher premium over the rest of what you graded because they’re more recognisable and it’s a set of the 3 birds, that’s something unique.

The other cards are a bit random tbh. I don’t think you’d get that much more than what they’d usually sell for in that condition for them. There’s a ton of factors to contend with though.

E.g.: Idk who would ever want a signed Houndoom BUT now you have something that’s a little different from what we usually see, maybe there’s a Houndoom collector out there who really wants it and will pay a ton to get it.

When it comes to the Charizard, it’s the most liquid card here because it’s the most iconic. Could you get PSA 9 prices for it though? Well, I couldn’t tell you with any certainty but I’d hazard a guess and say no. Condition would probably be a more important factor here than the other cards you graded as well.

Signed Pokemon cards is a growing market. I have sold around 10-15 signed cards. Prices depend on the card type. Plenty of people would love the base charizard signed by Arita, or Blastoise signed by Sugimori.

Since this is a very new market, prices will be abstract. However the more popular or rare the card, typically the more valuable.

1 Like

I get a lot of inquiries for Sugimori. Sugimori and Arita more than any other artist, with Imakuni being 3rd.

Sugimori is probably the combination of most difficult and most desired. Outside of that, its pretty difficult to gauge which appear more frequently as they are all pretty scarce.

And I’m just sitting here waiting for Masakazu Fukuda

If Fukuda ever does a public signing event and someone can help with getting some psa cases signed for me i will love them forever.

I’d say after Arita and Sugimori the most desirable would be Fukuda, Nishida, and Himeno. I would suggest you not to sell anything, as Budget has said I would wait a good while before thinking about selling them if you do want to sell them that is.

Best as an investment. As @smpratte said, it’s definitely a growing market. Pokemon isn’t going anywhere, so just think how much a signed card will go for in 10-15 years? Right now, many people want the cards, but autographs will get hotter and hotter, especially with age. Just look at how autographs impact old baseball cards. I know it’s not the same, but it would probably do pretty darn well.

I’ve only seen a couple Himeno autos and she is the second most prolific Pokemon artist just ahead of Arita.

1 Like

Hard to believe that sellers story though. He says he “asked him to sign a set…”. Problem is he’s a she lol.

This is a great item. She signed her TropicalMegaBattle name tag.

1 Like

Finally got them back:
imgur.com/a/bt2IkOe

Can you believe they put that pigs face between your two beautiful Pokémon cards?

That’s the price of using Imgur :tipping_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

Wow, I hadn’t seen that. So cool to have those cards signed by her.