Value of Signed Pokemon Cards

Hi there everyone, I was wondering what the general value is for signed Pokemon cards? Let’s say a Mitsuhiro Arita signature on a PSA 10 card, what’s the guesstimate on that? What factors are taken into account when valuing such products?

I find that the price of signed cards can be extremely variable. The Arita signature is particularly abundant so it has a more consistent price point. You can look up sold listings on ebay. Overall you have to look at who signed the card, how well known they are and how available their signature is. What card is signed? Condition of the card? PSA grade of the signature? There’s a lot of factors so I can’t say much else without knowing details.

4 Likes

I agree with @pkmnflyingmaster I would say check sold listings, mitsuhiro arita has done a lot more signings recently so they are easier to find. Ken and a lot of other illustrators are harder to find as they don’t do signing as often if at all.
and I would say the biggest factor after who its signed by is what card the signature is on and its condition:)
Hope that helps.

1 Like

I only want two signatures: Venusaur’s and Charizard’s☠️

2 Likes

imgur.com/gallery/qeo5O this is my only signature and I got it a while back for 200

It really depends on the card.

If you get something like an unlimited base pikachu signed then you turned a $0.20 card into a $25+ card. You took something that was extremely easy to find and made it special.

If you get something like a nm+ shadowless or 1st zard signed you just made that card much harder to sell because people who want to buy something like this don’t necessarily want signed copies. If you get damaged cards signed you might have an easier time charging a premium for them.

I’d also prioritise signatures and the little pictures over kanji or an artist writing their name in english on a card. Those arita “signatures” where he’s written his name in English capital letters don’t look that good imo.

3 Likes

I’ve sold around 7-8 Arita signed PSA base charizards between $500-1k each.

Also other Arita signed items $700-1k.

Arita had a spree of signings but has slowed down. Sugimori signatures earn the most as they are very difficult to obtain.

Ultimately It depends on the card rarity and popularity.

2 Likes

Besides Arita, are there any listings of other artists such as Sugimori or Imakuni that have been PSA/DNA verified? Because I couldn’t find them on eBay.

No. besides Arita, the other artists rarely come up. And when they do they sell quickly.

I know of a Sugimori and Fukuda on ebay right now, but the seller is not budging on price which is a shame.

Not like this is a big deal, but I’ve got a signed Snorlax promo #49 with Craig Turvey’s signature. He won a drawing contest WOTC had back in 2000. These cards came directly from him. I confirmed his address and still have the letter from him. Cool in my own mind.

2 Likes

@Kh36 I have a psa Craig Turvey snorlax and it’s one of my prize possessions, how were you able to get in contact with him to get this signed? This is a card that will be taking to my grave and if there was a possibility that I could get it signed, I would definitely bust it out of it’s psa tomb

@pottsinator, :wink:

1 Like

Locked, Rule 1.5.