Price Check: BGS 10 Japanese Base Set Charizard

just auction it on eBay

2 Likes

Historically, 2x to 2.5x the price of a PSA 10 Japanese base set Charizard. Seeing they are now selling in the $7000 range, your BGS 10 copy is in the $14k-$17k range.

4 Likes

Auction it on eBay or send it to PWCC to Auction as their buyer Reach is a bit… More.

Wish you luck on it, A lot of the time you’ll come up shorter than projected.

Had a buddy with a 9.5 FPO Charizard, TCA and others told him 40, 50k, I believe it hit 28k? At auction or so.

The only “real” way to know the price is to auction it or have it literally sold. If you’re expecting a specific number, I would recommend not being tied to it since that is setting yourself up for failure. Have a rough estimate and auction it off. Something like that isn’t easily valued.

3 Likes

$30-50k is too high IMO, a lot (not all) of the Japanese PSA 10s could cross to BGS 10s if the owners tried as Japanese cards are very easy to grade compared to English. I agree with that assessment above of 2x the price of a PSA 10.

For reference a 9.5 that is .5 off from a BGS 10 sold last month for only $4550.

www.ebay.com/itm/313306525593

3 Likes

Just blaze it man

1 Like

Auction it and you got your answer on todays market. Pwcc would be the most reaching I guess

I honestly think this card would get hammered at auction. As in, it wouldn’t actually bring anywhere near the premium you think it would.

I would almost bet money it would go under 15k.

I just can’t see that much of a premium on a bgs 10 Japanese base zard. Unless I misread and it’s a pristine. I still couldn’t see more than 20k in that instance. Much of the base set print run had an amazing print quality, and those cards hold up well, are not as susceptible to whitening. It’s really just the centering on a pack fresh card.

If you are looking to sell it, Pwcc is your best bet I would think

If someone offered you 30k you better jump on it quick. My max buying price would be 8k and my lowest selling price would be 12k. Next year those numbers could go down.

3 Likes

if you are able to get anything 2x of the PSA 10 price on this card, I’d jump on it for sure and just get the money in your hands. on modern cards for PSA 10 and BGS 10, it’s about 1.5-2x ratio for the few cards i transacted this year as a seller. people know that japanese cards are good quality and could crossgrade from psa 10 to bgs 10 often.

i think either way, don’t think too much about what its value is because when it comes to these rare, high-tiered cards, the prices will be ALL over the place anyways, as you’ve seen asking around. think about an illustrator, on a good day, maybe that card could do 1m+, on a bad day, it could be 500k. those are ALL reasonable.