Price of a bgs 10 1996 Japanese base set charizard?

So I’m curious how much a bgs 10 1996 Japanese base set charizard might be?

I can’t find one for sale. eBay or pwcc. I’ve been looking for what feels line a while. A bunch of psa 10s available but not bgs 10s.

Psa 10s are around 4k-5k depending on how strong the 10 is. Unfortunately this is the only card I would ever want in a bgs case instead of psa.

2 Likes

Here’s a crazy priced one: https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/vault-marketplace/484198

6 Likes

Idk what the answer to the question is but happy birthday and thank you for stepping up your category/tag game!

7 Likes

Thank you @pfm Yeah trying to do better at categorizing

1 Like

Yeah no thank you on 15k

Usually BGS 10s just aren’t a ‘thing’ in Pokemon and so there’s not much sales data to go off of compared to PSA 10s. What I can say is the premium over a PSA 10 copy shouldn’t be that much higher IMO, if any. In fact it may not even hold a premium these days because the market has continually shifted to PSA and CGC over BGS in Pokemon. In the past BGS 10s had a premium, but it seems to apply mainly to Black Labels now.

So yeah, I’d use PSA 10 as your reference point and then try and figure out if you want to pay more or not for a BGS 10.

1 Like

I’m fine paying a psa 10 price on a Japanese charizard but I’m not paying double. At that point I might as well just buy a 1st ed high grade psa English version

1 Like

For sure, unless you really want it in a 10 or are trying to complete a PSA 10 set you could settle for a NM copy or spend the extra on English 1st Ed or even a No Rarity Japanese. In fact that’s what I’m considering at some point would be a No Rarity in PSA 5-7 grade or so to go with my 1st Ed Base English copy.

Anyway in the end all depends on ones collecting goals… can’t go wrong with any Charizard for the most part :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of maybe doing a no rarity binder set. At that point I would just buy low grades with a good front and crack the slabs. Decisions, decisions

4 Likes

I feel most No Rarity is still fairly undervalued. Like I’ll find EX/NM copies for pretty cheap at times. I only have a very small collection but once I’m done my English 1st Ed set I’m definitely tempted to go for more of them at some point as well. They’re unique in that they’re really the true ‘first’ Base Set cards in a sense, so I like them. In addition, you get the cosmos holo pattern as well which looks cool and the coloring on Japanese production I find is a bit more vibrant than English as well.

3 Likes