Price check - 1st Edition Neo Destiny set 113/105 - Pics add

I’ve decided to part with my complete 1st edition Neo Destiny set and I’m hoping you guys can offer an insight to its value as the sold prices for some of the cards seem to be all over the place. The set in question is in pack fresh condition and every card should grade a PSA 9/10. The shining cards are visibly flawless but a few are slightly off-center.

I’ve noticed recently a mint ungraded Charizard alone has sold for $1k so what is the value of a complete set? Thanks in advance.

Without the cards being graded its gonna be hard to give you a reasonble price. “Every card should grade 9/10” is just not a fact

I would advise grading the higher end cards, massively.You are missing out on money if you are sellign and if you do not grade.

I understand that, but I’ve graded enough cards to estimate that they ‘should’ grade at least 9’s. I was toying with the idea of grading the shinings and selling the 105 card set.

If anyone has a value for a pack fresh ungraded set (with or without shinings) it would be much appreciated.

Grade the shinnings and the holos and sell the set the same, but for moooorrrreeeeeee.

I saw a Nrmint to mint one selling for around 1000$ some time ago :blush:

Recently both sets with and without sold on eBay uk.

The basic 1st edition 105 set sold for £530. Holo silvering excellent to Near mint condition.

And a complete set 1st edition with shinings sold for £1422. Excellent to near mint condition. The shinings were in ok condition. I’d say range from psa 4-8. The charizard perhaps a 5.

Nonetheless I would have all the shinings graded. You would get so much more value from them in the long run.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Neo-Destiny-1st-Edition-105-105-WOTC-complete-Set-No-Shinings-Or-Zard-/222559608269?hash=item33d1961dcd%3Ag%3ANdMAAOSwiQ9ZT-Li&_trkparms=pageci%253Abf6dee53-5bf4-11e7-a216-74dbd180e30a%257Cparentrq%253Aee74a17d15c0a994abbc4275fffa24b0%257Ciid%253A5&redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=F7kbvB1mLX9y3uc5RX%252BNN3wSrNY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-Neo-Destiny-complete-1st-edition-Set-great-condition-mint-nr-mint-/132207881190?hash=item1ec8342be6%3Ag%3AwHAAAOSwR29ZKyFu&_trkparms=pageci%253Abf6dee53-5bf4-11e7-a216-74dbd180e30a%257Cparentrq%253Aee74a17d15c0a994abbc4275fffa24b0%257Ciid%253A1&redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=F7kbvB1mLX9y3uc5RX%252BNN3wSrNY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I value a mint/gem mint set at their psa 9 value for each card. They are ungraded however they have the potential to grade 10s. You can get more by grading 5 PSA 10s neo destiny holo than selling the whole set without the shinings.

There is no reason whatsoever to not grade the cards if you think they are 9/10. ESPECIALLY if you have graded before and have the money and time to do so. The only people who don’t grade sets like that before selling them are:

1. people who need the money quick
  2. people who have never graded before and the cost is too high/don’t understand the process (ignorance of the value added essentially)
  3. people who know they will not actually grade 9/10

No matter which out of those 3 you are, anyone buying the set will likely pay like you are option #3 and your price realized will suffer for it. You’ve got to ask yourself if they are truly 9/10 or if that is your bias talking. The market values raw cards at a price where they believe they can grade the card and make a profit. Sometimes you may benefit selling raw over ungraded if your card is like a “PSA 9.4” whereby some buyer will take a risk on the 10 and pay between 9 and 10 value for a raw card. Usually though buyers will pay “8.5” money on a card like that. Buying a raw set of true 9/10 quality, I personally would be placing an 8/8.5 money type of bid and would make bank on a true 9/10 set.

ETA: clarified point 2.

2 Likes

This. It is so rare to find TRULY mint sets in the 9/10 range, most assume they are 7-8 range. The amount of money you will lose out on if you really believe they will hit 9s or 10s is substantial. Grade the holos & shinings at a minimum, could even toss in the rares as well. Otherwise if you want to keep it un-graded, and they are 9/10, I would totally be a potential buyer.

I guess it makes more financial sense to grade and sell these guys on. What puts me off is that I will likely have to break the set as its unlikely a single buyer will want them all and that is after waiting 2 months + to get them graded. I am in no real need of the money but my time is more of an issue (newborn + 5 year old).

I’m fully versed in the grading process and have used a few middlemen grading services in the past with good results.

I’ve uploaded front and back pictures of the shining cards to show what the actual cards are like.

Are you sure you dont need to go to the hospital bud ? cos those are lit ! :grin:

Cleaannnn!! Definitely grade… And as you say use a middleman service, they will handle the paperwork and all the requirements needed. You just need to send to them, lean back and wait for the increase in value that only 2 pieces of plastic can give :wink:

Or if you are not in need of money just keep them and hold for longer. Those are wonderful condition and are an extreme sought after set! :grin:

Listen, if you want to get the largest return, don’t worry about breaking the set.

Grade them man. Even putting them up for an auction after getting the grades will get more than selling them ungraded

Mr. Mccaib paid $1149 recently for an ungraded set like yours minus the shinings with the sole purpose being to have them graded. Another purportedly mint set with shinings sold for ~$2500 as well less than a week ago. Yours are great PSA 10 candidates so I wouldn’t pass up the chance on the shinings at least. Maybe the other holos too if the front edge silvering isn’t too bad. Unless you are happy to sell them to me at their ungraded price and let me grade them :wink: (serious offer).

Buying a PSA platinum membership will net you 15 free 7-day turnaround submissions, so at least for the first 15 you will easily make your money back. I’d just pony up for the rest of the submissions at the ~30 day special (I forget which thier June club special is so you’ll have to confirm).