Price Check: 1st Ed. German & French Base Set Rares

A few months back I came into some 1st edition rares from base set in german and french. There does not seem to be a ton of listings to go off of so I was hoping for some help on what you guys think the value would be for some of these cards.

Condition of all the cards is near mint or better with it being close to pack fresh.

German 1st edition rares include:

Dragonir (dragonair)
Digdri (dugtrio)
Bibor (beedrill)
Lektrobal (electrode)
Tauboga (pidgeotto)

I also have a bunch of rare trainers in first edition like pokemon trader, imposter professor oak, devolution spray, pokedoll, pokemon breeder and computer search. Any idea on pricing for these would be great!

I have the same rares in french first edition including the addition of electabuzz.

Thank you in advance!

Your best option is to wait for some ebay listings, as a rule they will always go for like the same as english unlimited (except holos)

It’s just my guess, I can be wrong as I don’t check them regularly on ebay

Anyone else have some feedback? I’m looking for an experienced sellers feedback. I’m not so sure these sell for the same as unlimited base set. I’m fine if they do, but I think they may be worth more than that.

German 1st Ed Dragonir sells for 180-220 USD in PSA 10 and 60-80$ in PSA 9. I guess it is the most popular of the bunch you listed, so I’d expect 150-190$ for the other rares in PSA 10 and 40-70 in PSA 9. There are big premiums for (high) graded cards though, so raw NM might rather be in the 15-30$ range, possibly more if they’re really clean.
Also they might be easier to sell in Germany, don’t know for sure though.

1 Like

@muk,Thank you very much for the input!

Is it similar for french or different? Any idea?

these cards in PSA 10 are roughly worth 100 USD, with the Dragonir being 150-200 USD, so you can go from there based on the condition of your cards

also the french cards are usually worth a little less than the german ones

1 Like

If you’re located in the states, make sure you list shipping to Germany as an option. The last 10+ German cards I’ve sold on eBay have all ended up being shipped international to Germany, just not a huge US market for them. Pricing wise, non-holo rares PSA 10 are around $100 apiece, except for Dragonair as mentioned above. I’ve list around $250 with best offer and see what happens. The rare trainers are all around $50 or so in a PSA 10.

@kpod,I’m assuming if I list GSP then it will include Germany. I used to ship international on my own, but COVID messed up a couple orders so now I will only do GSP.

Each change you make like GSP will knock the price down further until there’s no value left.
I ship all those free to Germany and France and overall I do great with them.

Just sold the 5 German rares for a cool hundred and then 3 more trainers rares for 50 to the same guy. I sold 9 trainer rares for 35 bucks to another guy in Virginia. Should have held out for more! It was only listed for a day!

Still need to list some of the french cards… Wish I new what I could sell them for when I got these by accident last October…

1 Like

pretty much spot on

Your talking about each? For non mint ones?

@garyis2000,100 bucks for all 5 rares including dragonair, beedrrill, dugtrio, pidgeotto and electrode. They were pretty close to mint. I labelled them NM/M since I don’t like calling cards mint unless flawless and they may have had a white dot on the corner. I was shocked when he offered 50 more bucks for 3 additional trainers.

Doesn’t look like the same price as unlimited to me lol

So 20.00 bucks each for rare base set pokes in 1st edition at least Nm/m. I’d recommend hanging on to them for a few years when they will likely be triple.