Its a beauty

20 Likes

I change my vote to this because I was too dumb to see celebi was 2021 not 2022

How does one of the dumbest pokemon ever designed look so good
Answer: [1]

1. image ↩︎

7 Likes

5 Likes

I honestly didn’t even mean to reply to your comment, so sorry for accidentally calling you out. :sweat_smile: But yeah, Fusion Strike was the last set of 2021 so you just missed! Haha

1 Like

fair is fair, my least favorite aspect of SWSH cards is the copyright date on the border in full view and I still missed it

This was my second choice. Arita mastered art before many of us were even born

I limited myself to only posting common cards for this question. Gloom from the Lost Origin set by Komiya is a highlight for me. Tomokazu Komiya has been killing it lately with his unique artstyle in Sword and Shield. This card in particular creates a cute little scene of Gloom walking through the forest. Another one I love is Poochyena from Astral Radiance. It depicts Poochyena in this beautiful snowy scene sniffing around. As a Gen 3 fan, I love seeing the generation’s Pokemon get some gorgeous artwork. The reverse holos from the Japanese Battle Region set only further highlight the uniqueness of both cards.

4 Likes

12 Likes

I was shocked that this card didn’t come up sooner. It really is stunning.

1 Like

Just wanted to add that the Regidrago probably is my favorite, but I can’t stand how they made these 10/10 new Regi designs so small, I don’t need them to be behemoths but roughly the size of the other legendary giants made by a gigas would be nice.

And I died a little inside from seeing Charizard hype crawl into a Regi design. Couldn’t it be a mega Aerodactyl, a Tyrannosaurus, a primordial Druddigon or…anything but a Charizard.

I’m sure I’ll learn to love it in time but for now that right arm is almost a meme in my head.

1 Like

@c0ll3ct0r sowsow is always beautiful :pray:

3 Likes

Giratina V Alt Art is taking the cake so far, but there are several close submissions! :eyes:

Surprised I had to scroll down as far to see this!

Literally the Jurrasic Park card. Can’t ever remember seeing an alt or special art card with so much depth and bonus Pokémon.

4 Likes

shinji kanda is one of my favorite newer artists they’ve hired, their artworks not like anything ive seen and im really glad theyre getting big cards like this to illustrate. their art style so unique for pokemon and this cards probably my fav alt art released so far along with their galarian moltres

5 Likes

Definitely agree with this one! Immediately bought a Japanese one when it was released.

One I also like a lot is the Ariados Character Rare:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes