Top Card(s) of 2022

Really curious to see what everyone’s pick for their favorite card of the year would be. Feel free to pick a few.

For example, I’ll give my top for various categories…

top regular card (non full art):

honorable mention:

top regular V:

and of course honorable mention to lugia:

top character art (CHR/CSR):

honorable mention:

top special art (SA, SAR, AR):

honorable mention since I do consider these special arts:

top card overall:

this thing is just insane in person

10 Likes

3 Likes

I’ll go for an artist instead of a card; 2022 gave us Shinji Kanda.

13 Likes

Best non ultra rare

Best ultra rare

10 Likes

5 Likes

wait a second

3 Likes

2 Likes

Oh :poop:, where has the time gone? Here’s my new submission. 10/10 art. So thankful that it is cheap and easily available.

3 Likes

Definitely a wonderful addition to the artist ensemble Pokemon has employed! Kanda has the most unique and recognizable style since Komiya in my opinion

1 Like

Not sure if this is my favorite necessarily but I keep coming back to really loving this Lumineon artwork. I think the artist did a great job using the natural “frame” of the ocean environment to highlight the Pokemon, not to mention including a couple other Pokemon lurking in the background. Really enjoy the bright accent colors as well.

11 Likes

I’m getting avatar 2 vibes from this card. Waiting for the prices to drop to cope it.

1 Like

Easily this beauty!

3 Likes

6 Likes

some 2021 in here, but nevertheless some good ones :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

You’re right, I’ve lost track :smile:

I took them out for now to stay in 2022.

1 Like

2 Likes

Had to include two 2021 cards to emphasize the POWER of this person who clearly needs their own rarity or better yet their own mini set every year:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Ridiculously good. I want more big stage 2 mons, the Salamences and the Tyranitars. Or even Regis, that would be the ultimate test.

So soft, rich in fat and yet still able to retain angularity and sharpness. Pretty much a unique combination among pokemon illustrators.

3 Likes