Your favorite Character Rare?

I think it’s safe to say that pretty much everyone loves Character Rares, so I figured this would be a cool topic to see which ones everyone likes best!

For me, it’s Mightyena. There is something so peaceful and comforting about this one. Reminds me of my late dog:

11 Likes

For me its this one! I was darn near breathless when I saw this for the first time. Still have to buy it.

3 Likes

One of the only cards that doesn’t make my favorite mon look derpy or awkward:

Maybe not my favorite character card, but it certainly is in need of mention!

10 Likes

I love it when they incorporate older leaders into the character rares. They do a great job of incorporating the history of Pokemon with them.

3 Likes

Great discussion topic. I love the TG concept, reminds me of the Gym + VS sets. I also enjoy how affordable the cards are for some truly great art. Here’s some of my favorites:

13 Likes

that’s not claire. Who is there with the drudigon?

Female Ace trainer from Unova

2 Likes

for me it would have to be the stoutland chr, I love the lighting and the colors.

3 Likes

These are both really nice! I don’t have much of an affinity to Octillery but the art is quality!

7 Likes

I love the depth and scale of the environment of this artwork.

Not a fan of Alcremie at all but I like the atmosphere and style of this card.

11 Likes

Never really been a fan of Oranguru, but this card changed that.

Oranguru

3 Likes

9 Likes

I dont even know who the trainer is and Koffing it’s just ok, but when I saw this card it was mindblowing The concept, the graffiti style, the colors… for me it’s almost as perfect as Ancient Mew in terms of concept + execution.

From the recent trainer gallery cards, for me it’s easy to say the one I like the less than my favorite :rofl: there is such an amazing variety and gorgeous cards to pick!

12 Likes

way too many to choose from…

corviknight

druddigon
jolteon
piplupchr
torkoal

plus koffing, octillery, steelix, mimikyu
but if I absolutely had to narrow it down to one it would probably be flaaffy

8 Likes

This one is pretty sweet

5 Likes

Oranguru in the anime is 10/10! He’s such a good bartender :face_holding_back_tears:.

tumblr_11a87104111fa1aa1959ed68dd645ebc_2396f4b8_540

3 Likes

Y’all are making me consider collecting all of the Trainer Gallery/Character Rare cards :face_holding_back_tears:. Some of these artworks are so beautiful!

I love the idea of hanging out with Umbreon under the moonlight.

4 Likes

I like the textured ones more myself.

So many of Kingdra’s artworks are :neutral_face: at best, so I love this one that much more!

4 Likes

yeah, but they made jas look like the girl from finding nemo lmao

1 Like