Preferred Packing Method

What is your preferred method of packing a singular card for shipping. Recently, I’ve been doing a 4x8 inside a 6x10 bubble envelope (American measurements). Not sure if I should still use cardboard or not. How do you do it?

My example method:

2 Likes

Pretty much your setup for slabs under $100 but I always put the small envelope between cardboard. Expensive slabs I put the bubble mailer in a box.

2 Likes

I use cardboard for anything graded personally. It just gives me peace of mind knowing that the buyer can’t really make any claims about poor packaging. I bought a bunch of boxes perfect for PSA slabs and they were only like 50 cents a box. They look similar to this:

7 Likes

Where do you get them and how much is postage?

I got them on Amazon. I think the prices have gone up but you can probably find a good deal if you look around. I bought them over a year ago.

Postage is the exact same as bubble mailers. It’s under 4oz for a slab wrapped in bubble wrap in a cardboard box so you pay the minimum for First Class.

The only difference is that bubble mailers are cheaper than boxes. But IMO it’s negligible for how much better they are.

2 Likes

Thanks! What size are they?

Same

Like 8x4x2ish

1 Like

Mine is:

-Kraft #000 bubble mailer
-Graded card sleeve
-2 pieces of Cardboard cut to the size of the PSA case.

1 Like

Similar to @knotchi I use Uline indestructo mailers 6x4x1

And also these self sealing bubble bags

There’s probably cheaper options but this one i find both easy and extremely reliable

2 Likes

I guess one could go dumpster diving at their local grocery store for cardboard and make their own boxes if they were squeezing every penny lol

1 Like

Or save all of the amazon boxes they get :wink:

2 Likes

That’s what I do too. My wife is probably tired of me hoarding them in the garage. Lol

2 Likes

I have what I call a box box. It’s a box filled with boxes. My wife originally didn’t like it because she thought it was a waste of space but now she comes to me whenever she needs to ship something or do Amazon returns. She doesn’t bug me about it anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: dumb dumb need box box.

2 Likes

And lots of it!

1 Like

I was able to find a 500 count easy-fold mailers for about 35 cents a piece last year (they were on sale with an eBay seller, otherwise they are pretty expensive compared to a box, just have to hunt around to find the deals) combined with a bubble mailer for about 10-12 cents. I like the combination as both are pretty easy to store and don’t have to put together a box.

2 Likes

Been using this method for about 8 years for cards under $100, I add ANOTHER 6x10 for cards up to $200, then anything over I use a USPS flat rate box with the first setup and 2 sheets of bubble wrap.
I dislike the Kraft though, I use the other material.

2 Likes