Pre-Base Set Test Print / Prototype Blastoise

It’s a bit different in MTG, test print foils have changed hands multiple times over the course of years for $10k+ each, there is a very large community that will always have a strong interest in the card.

2 Likes

bud, you’re just throwing emotions looking for some sort of acceptance. You’ve complained about people being ‘hostile’ and called me ‘toxic’, the issue is you have no concern over yourself calling people ignorant and criticizing their skepticism, when you’ve literally provided zero proof of your claim. I get it you’re going to provide images in time, cool. Just hold off on the insults yourself.

I’m very upfront, you have nothing till you prove it’s something. It doesn’t matter what you say, just post the pictures and we’ll go from there. Calm down, nobody’s attacking you.

3 Likes

If Tavis has looked at the card in person and believes it to be an authentic wotc card then I would take his word for it. Like others have said though, we will never get an official authentication of this card and will go along the ranks of the prerelease raichu and collector charizard. Still a very cool piece of history though if it is authentic.

1 Like

He was sent one of the three, it arrived today, I believe he’ll be making a video about it.

6 Likes

yeah, I am in contact on facebook and Tavis should have received one in the mail today

4 Likes

11 Likes

@bazaaretw Thank you for the updates! As you can probably tell a lot of us are very passionate about the history of Pokemon we have to fight for every verifiable source we have found, of which very little can be found outside this forum which is crazy if you think about the huge giant that Pokemon is!

On previous occasions when these sort of cards come up for discussion we get little to no verifiable information it is usually just one person bringing the item forth with a nice story. But thank you for sticking with it and we are all very intrigued to see more especially close ups of that matrix. We all have a bit of ptsd especially given your thread title, those are strong claims and probably strengthens the ptsd flames a bit.

To others reading this I strongly advise you to not take the word of figureheads in the hobby blindly, even if @smpratte were to say something is legit but shows no corresponding evidence does not make it so and I am sure he would agree because he has never done so :blush:. There are many instances where this thinking has backfired, here is another example to bring the point home, several years ago all the top collectors at the time thought that one of each Snap promo was handed out to each winner. But now we know that the winner received 20 copies of their winning card.

5 Likes

We need to confirm ASAP that the raw materials are genuine so that we can take this conversation to its inevitable fate of a locked thread from excessive arguing whether it is “real” with respect to my prior options 2 and 3 earlier after a lot of people get heated and mad at each other. That bit we’ve got a head start on.

4 Likes

Where are them magnified photos at?

The OP said he owes us nothing. Unlikely to come at this rate.

OP also said that he just purchased something to take magnified photos of this card and that it’ll be arriving on Friday. Give him a chance! Haha

1 Like

The sense of entitlement in this thread is unreal

16 Likes

Following for updates

Got it. It’s a badass card hoping it’s real.

Same. I’m gonna wait for the hype to die down first. Hoping to pick up a copy for $10 when it happens.

4 Likes

Inb4 Magic card + Acetone + Inkjet.

I don’t know why I felt so excited to find out the truth soon.

*patiently waiting emoji*

I freaking love E4. Never boring.

2 Likes

Hey OP

If it’s real and you’re looking to sell it, would be great if you could make your intent public so that the lower profile / not in-group collectors (who are still interested) like myself could put in a bid too

Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh you know me so well :smiling_face: